Ezile Bay Village
$144
Orbitz.com
African Rainbow Resort(Busua)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Takoradi Select(Sekondi-Takoradi)
$150
Abuesi Beach Resort(Sekondi-Takoradi)
$43
Melody Hotel(Sekondi-Takoradi)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsezile baybeautiful beachperfect placepalm treesmangrove forestloved every minutefrench ladymy friendbusua innin advancecapepointsparadisedanielleaccommodationcoastvillage
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Such a beautiful place but you can do better. I lived in Ghana in the 70s and have traveled around most of West Africa as well as many other parts of the world. I hoped to enjoy a few weeks in Western Ghana this year with Ezile Bay Village (EBV) being the high point. A beautiful beach, nice restaurant and good weather, total solar eclipse, all seemed to add up to a week in paradise. However on my first night I was robbed in my room by two men carrying knives and cutlasses. The security guards I had spoken with ten minutes before were no where to be found. The robbers knew me by name which is curious as only the EBV employees knew who I was. Minutes before I was robbed one of the EVB employees closed the shutters to my room and latched them from the outside. As there are bars on the windows this was necessary except to contain what was to happen only minutes later inside.
Earlier in the day I wandered off the beach toward Akwidaa. A EBV employee came running after me and would not leave my side until we had returned to the restaurant. All the while looking over his shoulder as I looked for a place to gain cell phone reception. The message was clear: Do not travel alone along the paths between villages.
It is not uncommon to find things "gone missing" as a Ghanaian would say but it is unusual to be attacked by armed men. I would recommend avoiding Ezile Bay Village for now.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BMiller8300
Ezile, Owner at Ezile Bay Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Allow us to give you our opinion on this review

Some explanations, questions and expectations:

This person has changed many times in different versions of the alleged attack.
The last, that appeared on the site directly involves my team that I can not accept.

Being advised to close the shutters can't allow him to say that it is for identification, as stated in this writing?

1) At first he accused his room neighbor (she strangely did not hear anything when he said that his "attackers" spoke very loud). Indicating that she was the only one to know his name. However I also told him that I knew his name. Only the employees Ezile Bay would know his name? Another variation ... He would open his door at night while I had not advised him to do so?

2) I met him just after the supposed facts. Claiming to have been physically attacked. I found him incredibly quiet and serene for someone whose life was endangered. And he told me that it was not serious (!) ... I must confess that I was shocked by this sentence ...

3) Following this discussion (which lasted nearly 30 minutes), I went into the guest's room. The door was open, lights on and wallet on the table (!) And an invaluable digital reflex camera (!) And all his personal belongings (!).

Do you think that thieves stole 200 usd and left a camera over a thousand usd? And all his affairs? Same remark on the supposed sightings of my team. All open and nothing disappears?

4) When I asked him the next day to explain me in detail, how did the robbery happen, he said that the thieves had cut his belt I have not seen.

What I can say factually is that the room key in the lock was broken. We could not clarify this point. I want to add that the customer had paid his nights in advance and we think that our place was not appropriate to his own expectation.
Nobody has heard anything including his neighbor in the adjacent room, as I mentioned earlier.
Strangely my five dogs did not bark as they are usually highly reactive.

I asked him to contact me the next day because I wanted to call the police and investigate, he did not (?).

All this does not fit well. Unfortunately We've already had robberies, the process has never been this one and especially leave a camera (shown on a table) and a portfolio. Thieves are very fond of this kind of thing. So yes I share with him the key word of his title "Trouble", but not the way he wants ....

Thanks for ready our long explanation...

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I spent a few days at Ezile Bay during my trip to Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire. It was the perfect place to get some downtime during my otherwise busy schedule.

Access: getting there is a bit of a challenge but worth every bit of trouble once you get there. Their website has fairly detailed instructions for visitors. I ended up taking a few tro-tro's (minivan taxis) from Cape Coast and walking the last kilometer through Akwadi old village to get there. Make sure to call them before you get there so they can help with directions.

Location: the bay is a beautiful crescent with rock formations on either side. The beach is lined with coconut trees (yes, you can drink fresh coconut water from these trees!), almond trees, and wooden chairs and tables.

Facilities: the rooms are small-ish but you won't spend too much time in them anyway. It has a rustic feel to it and most of the furniture seems locally made.

Staff: they are super-friendly and nice. In a couple of days, you start to think of them as friends rather than as hotel staff. The owner - Daniela - is very nice and helpful. She's generally around to keep you company and tell you interesting stories about her life in Ghana.

Food and drink: There's a large restaurant/kitchen area to order food and drinks - which are reasonably priced and very tasty. The menu has both continental and local dishes. I suggest trying some local delicacies. The cooks are local and awesome.

Connectivity: thankfully, there is no connectivity - Internet or cellular. There is one special tree under which you may get a signal.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank maddunr
Olivbusua, Propriétaire at Ezile Bay Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Maddunr,

It was nice to met you at Ezile Bay and share time, beer and story. Thank you for this wonderful report. You're always welcome on this little piece of paradise !

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Yes indeed,
I miss those moments.
Like when after my second sea bath of the day -the one after the rest -, I come back to my table under this beautyfull "almond tree" and take a fresh drink with lsitening to Danielle's update about the local life, or with watching the the lagoon and his inhabitants... And maybe one petanque match before a gorgeous dinner .

Well Luckily I'll be there in March !

P.S. : Try the Kassava fish ;)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Raph260279
Ezile, Owner at Ezile Bay Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for this lovely report. As a regular guest we are always happy to welcome you. See you next year for pétanque or fishing trip!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Is work stressing you out? Need a getaway from the madness of the city?

I have just the place for you-Ezile Bay! That is just the place you need. Situated between two rural fishing villages; Ezile Bay provides you with a picturesque view of the Atlantic Ocean! The ocean, calm as bit hits the beach along the bay.

It provides you an opportunity to experience rural Ghana, get a feel of how life is in rural fishing communities in the Western Region of Ghana. The staffs are wonderful and the dogs too-Rapido, Sash and Tutu (those were the ones I meet the last time I was there).

Fishing trips in traditional dugout canoes (they are safe) would be fun for sport fishers. A good surfing spot too!

Take a trip there and share your experience with me and others too.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Cephas A

Thank you Cephas for this lovely report. And if you are tired about the city life, come back, you'r welcome!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I found this hidden small piece of candy land from Busua Inn. We spent a day there swimming and surfing. The water is clean, and the sands are really soft, not to mention the natural, uncivilized view of the bay itself. The food resembles throne in Busua Inn. Chips are handmade and the cassava leaves salad tastes fresh and interesting. It's a great place for getaway if you do not mind not using electronics for couple days. Do walk to your right (facing the sea) through the jungle to another steeper, smaller beach right below the cliff. It was also beautiful, yet occupied (conjecture). Must do: keep the dogs away from the cats.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony Q

Thank you Tony for this lovely report. It was nice to welcome you and your friend at Ezile Bay. Come back ASAP!
Greetings from paradise.