“Awesome”
Review of Busua Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Busua
Busua Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Busua B&B and Inns
Indian Head, Maryland
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Food is great, hotel is great, owners are great. There is a monkey that hangs out outside the rooms. We basically just surfed and hung out at the restaurant the whole time we were there. Met lots of cool people. One of the most relaxing vacations I have had.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank laneelms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We worked in Ghana for 6 months at the start of 2011 and spent nearly every weekend at the Busua Inn! The owners Danielle and Olivier are the nicest people we met in Ghana and eternally generous and willing to help. I statyed there for 2 weeks after a nasty accident in Jan and had the most amazing service as I could not walk. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. the location is perfect plus the food is second to none. I ate all over Ghana and would say that the resuraunt at the Busua Inn was easily the best in the counrty. I recccomend the beef bourguignon. I have eaten in French resturaunts in England and none were up to this standard.

Room Tip: The air conditioned room number 1 is the best in the hotel and comes with use of an enormous balcony...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sassylebuff
gold coast
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Great place to stay for a little more comfort.
Really good food, both french and local and a lot of knowledge to be shared from Danielle and olivier.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank nath9402
Toulouse, France
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My third & fourth times here, in December 2010 & January 2011

What can I say that's I've not said already? Busua Inn is a well-oiled guest house that has James who smiles from dawn to dusk & keeps it all spotless, the girls in the kitchen who cook fantastic Franco-African food under Danielle's watchful gourmet eye ...

BUT - there's a new 'asset' - Miss Monkey who is a real character, completely wild, very friendly; returning from the conflict in Cote d'Ivoire had me smiling.

Sorry to take so long; but 2 Presidents have had me busy! I'll be back, watch out!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Kira A
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The owners are very friendly and helpful, and the food is of excellent quality. I took a room with a fan and found that to be adequate - one evening it stopped working and it was fixed by an electrician within an hour (they also supplied me with a portable fan during this time). A word of warning, the local monkey can open unlocked windows, it got into my bathrom and took my deodorant and toothbrush outside to play with.
Watch the undercurrent if swimming in the sea, a 13 year old drowned in February, and a local told me his nephew had drowned 2 years earlier.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank rankinxerox
Silkeborg, Denmark
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is a ideal place to relax and get a pleasant break in your trip in Westafrica. The beach in super and the vacinity of the fishing village makes it authentic. The hotel is quiet and the food is always at it best, and some of the best I have got in Ghana during my many stays there. You can always get a talk with the staff and the owners of the hotel, and they are very helpfull and want you to get the best out of you trip to this part of paradise.
I will come back next year

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peterhjorth
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The experience staying in Busua Inn was definitely great! Danielle and Olivier are very sympathetic and understandable that they share quite a lot of useful insight and experience in the realm of living, traveling in Ghana. Danielle is well informed about the history, literature and politics of Africa. You won't regret the time spending with her - it goes fast without you realizing it - it will be enlightening and insightful. I suppose no one will not fall in love with her sense of humor, English with cute French accent and her excellent cooking! I'm already missing her seafood risotto...!

Definitely go for a pint of beer with Olivier! He's the coolest, most uncomplicated Frenchman with a goatie I have ever met.

Busua Inn saves my craving for hot shower! The rooms are tastefully, Africanly decrated. I can't love the fact more that you sleep with the "hymns" of the ocean! If you would sleep outside like I did, Danielle and Olivier's poppies are gonna royally keep you company.
I can't write further... I want to give Danielle and Olivier a hug...!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank danni_zh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Busua
Axim Beach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Busua
Akwidaa Inn
Akwidaa Inn
#1 of 1 in Akwidaa

Been to Busua Inn? Share your experiences!