“A good place to chill”
Review of Busua Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Busua
Busua Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Busua B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A good place to chill”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The owners are very friendly and helpful, and the food is of excellent quality. I took a room with a fan and found that to be adequate - one evening it stopped working and it was fixed by an electrician within an hour (they also supplied me with a portable fan during this time). A word of warning, the local monkey can open unlocked windows, it got into my bathrom and took my deodorant and toothbrush outside to play with.
Watch the undercurrent if swimming in the sea, a 13 year old drowned in February, and a local told me his nephew had drowned 2 years earlier.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank rankinxerox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silkeborg, Denmark
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is a ideal place to relax and get a pleasant break in your trip in Westafrica. The beach in super and the vacinity of the fishing village makes it authentic. The hotel is quiet and the food is always at it best, and some of the best I have got in Ghana during my many stays there. You can always get a talk with the staff and the owners of the hotel, and they are very helpfull and want you to get the best out of you trip to this part of paradise.
I will come back next year

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peterhjorth
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The experience staying in Busua Inn was definitely great! Danielle and Olivier are very sympathetic and understandable that they share quite a lot of useful insight and experience in the realm of living, traveling in Ghana. Danielle is well informed about the history, literature and politics of Africa. You won't regret the time spending with her - it goes fast without you realizing it - it will be enlightening and insightful. I suppose no one will not fall in love with her sense of humor, English with cute French accent and her excellent cooking! I'm already missing her seafood risotto...!

Definitely go for a pint of beer with Olivier! He's the coolest, most uncomplicated Frenchman with a goatie I have ever met.

Busua Inn saves my craving for hot shower! The rooms are tastefully, Africanly decrated. I can't love the fact more that you sleep with the "hymns" of the ocean! If you would sleep outside like I did, Danielle and Olivier's poppies are gonna royally keep you company.
I can't write further... I want to give Danielle and Olivier a hug...!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank danni_zh
London
Reviewed February 27, 2011

3 weeks before our holiday to Ghana we booked 2 nights at the Busua Inn. We confirmed by email, to the point we were given a room number. My husband then confirmed by phone as well. We turned up at Busua at about 5.30pm after a long journey to be told they didn't have a reservation for us.

There was no assistance to find us somewhere else to stay, all we were told was 'this doesn't happen very often'. Well thanks folks, but that doesn't really help us with somewhere to stay! We ended up staying elsewhere at double the cost we had budgeted for.

The next day to add insult to injury, we bumped into the owners again who said ' oh your email was a bit ambiguous'. Seeing as we'd said 'I'd love to confirm Room 2' I really don't know what was ambiguous about that! But make up your own mind!

Maybe it's OK, but I would definitely confirm multiple times as an email conf and a phone conf weren't enough for us!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TinaV
Dadifu, Propriétaire at Busua Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2011
I understand your disappointment. However, we have suggested other places to stay in Busua, helps you refused and you have proposed to offer you a drink. No insult on our part, we apologized for the inconvenience. What surprises me is your message and its contents. When we met you twice, the answer to your companion was "no problem, we'll find something else. " Apparently this is not advice you to share but you do not we have expressed directly, but now through the internet, I can regret.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Busua Inn and Ezile Bay are definitely the places that make our thoughts go back to Ghana! A hidden paradise, with rooms on the beach, and lovely French and local cuisine served on the terrace or simply on the beach! If you prefer a quiet but still populated beach, choose Busua Inn. If you are in search for a deserted bay, with a postcard view, choose Ezile Bay! (please refer to the photo we placed here). Both ways, you will encounter accommodation with spacious rooms, AC or fans, well cleaned and with personal terrace (if requested). The owners, Danielle and Olivier are fantastic in entertaining and giving advice to their guests, both in English and French! We felt like home during our stay at their guest houses and, hence, decided to prolong our stay with an extra couple of days! We backpacked the whole Ghana for 1 month, and our aftermath was that if we had to choose only one day in Ghana, it would have been one of the days we spent in Busua Inn and Ezile Bay. I hope everyone could experience this at least one time in their lives - the feel of paradise. Cristina (Romania/Finland)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank MissCristina81
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Arrived in Busua planning to spend just one or maybe two nights, ended up staying three! Got an AC room (2 of the 4 available rooms have AC). The room was spacious and clean. The Busua Inn is located right on the beach and right next to the Black Stars Surf Shop. The owners are very nice and the food is indeed tasty should you choose to eat at their restaurant. The price made it also a good value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveling_swallow
Toulouse, France
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed here in December 2007 with a friend & a 12 year old. Myself & the 12 yr old went back in January 2008.

The owners are more than welcoming, aim to help you with everything & anything they can! The staff are great, James is a legend! The food is overseen by the owners & is top notch.

Not much I can say, went back again & nothing had changed, it was all good! The room (think it's room 1) is gorgeous which we stayed in the second time we were back, it's got the terrace in front of it with a view out onto the beach. The first time we were in room 3 which was more than adequate for 3 of us!

Will add another report about their other place, Ezile Bay www.ezilebay.com which was very relaxing!

• Stayed December 2007
1 Thank Kira A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Busua
Axim Beach Hotel
#1 of 92 in Accra
Busua Waves Resort
Busua Waves Resort
#1 of 1 in Busua

Been to Busua Inn? Share your experiences!