“Great place to visit”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Wonderful food great place great service. This place rocks!

We eat here 4 times in 7 days we spent on holiday in The Gambia. Go eat here you will love the food. The owner "Samba" is a really lovely man and a top chef. The food is to die for, really really nice. Can not fault the quality for the food on offer. We dined out every night because we were on a B&B basis at our hotel, the Palma Rima. Which was just around the corner. I thought this was the best place to eat in the area.

Jimmy and Liz

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I cant believe the difference one person makes. Sally was the life and soul of Sambas Kitchen and without her the place lacks atmosphere and character.
Before she left the business, the food, service and atmosphere was superb, now the service is slow and the bills are often wrong.
The food still remains at a very good standard.
I used to visit here often and know that most nights were lively and entertaining, but since Sally has left, the place has lost its spark and when I walk past, its nearly always empty.
I think that there are plenty of other restaurants that offer the same varied menu with better service and a more welcoming atmosphere.

2  Thank Fanta H
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Lovely food, lovely staff, what more can we say!! Good luck to Sam hope it carries on being a sucess. Mandy and Ray

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

As above please read above as I seem to have got this the wrong way round!!! Perhaps it's to do with the dodgy beer at sambas !

1  Thank shelleykym
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food served in this restaurant is 5* quality at McDonald's prices. I had the fish soup - best I have ever had. We tried several dishes of the menu and each and every one was excellent.

We went fishing and caught a butter fish - we took it to Samba and he did the most amazing meal. He filleted it, wrapped it around chopped prawns and served it with a beautiful sauce and fresh vegetables. We were amazed when we got the bill - he charged us £5 for the preparation and meal.

The staff are very efficient and friendly, Samba ensures he comes and greets all his guest when he has finished in the kitchen.
The red wine is the best I had :)

YOU HAVE TO GO