“Excellent experience”
Review of Butcher's Shop

Butcher's Shop
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Fajara
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quality international restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and catering services, with a classic contemporary menu drawing flavors from all around the world. Come and enjoy our renowned food, accompanied by a relaxed, charming and sensual ambiance. GCCI 2011 RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR WINNER.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place the best in Banjul the service is very excellent and the food is the best I've tasted in Banjul. Way much better than the hotel food

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank OzioQ8

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great restaurant, and if I lived there I would go all the time. It has a large menu with a wide range of plates. Our group of 6 liked just about everything we got - although warning that the appetizers are pretty small. I would recommend the medallion fillets with mashed potatoes. Fantastic service too.

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank ktshining
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Our second trip to the Gambia and our second year of being spoilt by Driss and his team . Great food , great service and an exceptional welcome. Our personal message for Driss - many thanks for sourcing our anniversary treat . Fiona & Kevin

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank FionaKevin
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The eating area is well laid out and does not feel crowded. The service was very good, although the restaurant was not that busy when we went there. We had the oysters and the spicy chicken strips as starters. Both were very tasty, although as mentioned elsewhere, the portions were quite small. For the main we both had Captain fish. My wife felt the coconut curry version was not spicy enough, but the owner/head waiter who had come across to ask how we were finding the meal (for the starter as well as the main course) supplied an additional pot of sauce. My steamed fish in banana leaf with garlic, ginger and chilli was the best course I have eaten so far in the Gambia. Overall there was a good choice on the menu and it is well worth considering as a place to eat.

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank DavidH7EA
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is by far the best meal I have had since moving to West Africa! We arrived dirty and hungry from a day out in the Gambian countryside and I could not have felt more welcome than had I been dressed up and my hair brushed. Our three kids were also treated very nicely and were made a special meal of pasta just for them. I had Driss' special fish and it was superb. The wine was delicious and as a special treat, the kids were given a sinful dessert on the house! We all enjoyed our meal here and I will go back the next time we visit the Gambia!

Date of visit: April 2013