“Best Meal in West Africa to date!”
Review of Butcher's Shop

Butcher's Shop
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Fajara
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quality international restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and catering services, with a classic contemporary menu drawing flavors from all around the world. Come and enjoy our renowned food, accompanied by a relaxed, charming and sensual ambiance. GCCI 2011 RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR WINNER.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is by far the best meal I have had since moving to West Africa! We arrived dirty and hungry from a day out in the Gambian countryside and I could not have felt more welcome than had I been dressed up and my hair brushed. Our three kids were also treated very nicely and were made a special meal of pasta just for them. I had Driss' special fish and it was superb. The wine was delicious and as a special treat, the kids were given a sinful dessert on the house! We all enjoyed our meal here and I will go back the next time we visit the Gambia!

1  Thank ptyjane

Reviewed March 28, 2013

First of all it is one of the more expensive places to eat, but it does deliver! There is an extensive menu with plenty of options. Nice housewine and a long winelist. The fishpie had a bit too much (blue) cheese in it which overpowered the other ingredients. But the pork and duck spring rolls were very nice. It's also the only place we have found that can serve a nice and frothy cappuccino! Their lunch menu (with huge sandwiches starting from 150 dalasi) is more affordable and well worth trying. The staff is very friendly, but to be honest the fact that they ask your name and keep using it is a bit much for me.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited the Butchers Shop on the recommendation of our guide Yankee, we were served by Aziz who was very attentive and provided a great service. It is one of the pricer restaurants to go to but is more than worth the money and has a very good food and wine menu. For 2 courses, 3 beers, 2 glasses of wine and a coffee the bill was approx. £40.00 but you get what you pay for and I would recommend that you visit this restaurant. When we return to the Gambia we will certainly be visiting again.

1  Thank LisaJane55
Reviewed March 7, 2013

First impression was an enormous fridge with a fantastic display of meat and salads and other vegetables. Looked really appetizing. Good food, wonderful service, a really good selections of wines. The meatlovers amongst us had this as their favorite reataurant.

1  Thank Anne-Ka G
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in The Gambia. It has a full and varied menu and a good wine list. The food is delicious. Despite its name, The Butcher's Shop does good fish and some vegetarian meals too. The restaurant does not have good views and is a taxi ride away from most of the resort areas but well worth it. I had ceviche for my starter and the special grilled captain fish in a wonderful lime and coriander sauce. My husband chose the 5 hour cooked lamb and said it was superb.

1  Thank Barbara W