“New Favorite Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Oh. My. God. Seriously, you're only open one night a week? Moved to the area a couple of years ago and, great as they were, was getting bored with 2Vine and Good Luck. This is my new favorite place.
Had the 4 course prix fixe menu for $42 tonight and it was perfect. Service was excellent, room is sublime. Live music was the icing on the cake. Perfect for our 19th anniversary dinner. Seriously, only one day a week?

There are newer reviews for The Rabbit Room

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had wanted to try the Rabbit Room for a while, but it's a bit of trek for us (an hour's drive each way). We decided to drive out for a weekday lunch when we both had a day off, and it was worth it. First of all, Honeoye Falls itself is a pretty, old upstate village, with a parking area on Main St. by the falls -- worth a stroll. Second, the restaurant space is stunning: understated, casual elegance. Third, the food is great. We had sandwiches (chicken curry wrap and grilled veg panini) that were flavorful, fresh, and nicely presented. We also had dessert, which we almost never do at lunch: a berry frangipani tart and a flourless chocolate cake. Both were outstanding, although the presentation (with criss-crosses of chocolate sauce and raspberry coulis on the plate) seemed a little dated. Beyond that very minor criticism, the only complaint I have is that I wish there were more wines available by the glass (the bottle selection is better), but perhaps this is impractical in a restaurant that serves only three lunches (T/F/Sat) and one dinner (Thurs) per week. We both loved it, and we'll be back.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The food is great and the owners are amazing and the vibe is mellow. I love it.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I've been to the Rabbit Room on several occasions - the space is gorgeous, and the art gallery upstairs makes it even more interesting and worth a visit. The food is exceptional - fresh, well-prepared and presented, but for my taste, a bit expensive.
I'm not a big eater, but for the price, I feel like I didn't get quite enough to eat, despite the fact that our meals including light appetizers, salad, bread, the entree, and dessert. Everything is wonderfully tasty, and while I'm not a fan of huge portions, a meal this good should be a bit more generous - and if I remembered to eat more of the bread (not your run-of-the-mill cold rolls either- tasty, warm, and fresh-baked; various kinds to choose from), perhaps I would have some food to take home to enjoy later. All in all, it is worth the money.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Rabbit Room is an independent restaurant in a very unique setting — a historic former mill from the 1800s. The building itself is interesting and beautiful, with exposed wood beams and stone walls. In addition to the restaurant (first floor), the second floor houses the Mill Art Center art gallery and classes, as well as a yoga studio and a gift shop. You can eat dinner and also browse interesting art. Up until a few months ago, you could also, if you were lucky, look at an extensive Asian art museum.

The ambiance makes an outing to the Rabbit Room fun and special. They are only open to the public Thursday nights for dinner and they often have music. Low key piano, guitar, trumpet ... which plays by the bar, away from most dinner tables, so you can enjoy conversation with your dining partner and hear the music, without having to choose one or the other. Nice touch.

Ambiance and the food are equal draws here. The chef and owners focus on gourmet dishes that are innovative touches on traditional meals many times and always delicious. We have had some of our best meals here. Many choices include locally raised and organic meats, locally grown greens and more. They also have a tasting menu — starting at about $45 a person — with options for each course. This is great, because it seems to be one of the few restaurants in the Rochester area that offer this now that Wegmans' Tastings has closed.

It's not cheap to eat here. An entree is $20-$30 plus appetizers and drinks, but I have never left here thinking it wasn't worth it.