“Romantic & Relaxing Getaway”

Greenwoods Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Honeoye B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and i traveled to the finger lakes for our 5 year aniversary. We stayed in the isabelle room. We had a great weekend. we read all the reveiws and we were very exited about our desicison to stay here. It paid off. Mike and lisa were great hosts . We felt like we had the house all to ourselves. The snack (cookies) were a nice bonous at the end of the day. We relaxed in the hot tub, watched a couple of movies, and felt right at home. Breakfast was great each day. I am a complainer and i had very nothing to complain about. If your in the area this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was there for 3 nights and I highly reccomend the B&B. I will be back again in the area next year and I will stay there for sure. Confortable, clean and spacious room with a small sitting area. Excellent breakfasts and hosts who are very responsive to their guests wishes. Bob K.

Room Tip: There is only one room on the ground level. The others are up two flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Just spent two wonderful nights in the Greenwood’s Augusta Room; it was perfect for us. We totally enjoyed the hospitality of the hosts Mike and Lisa who were there for you when needed and very helpful with local information and especially dining recommendations. They displayed the discretion of professionals leaving us to our own restful weekend. The common guest areas at this bed and breakfast were spacious and well stocked with puzzles, games, books, magazines and a large assortment of DVDs that you could view in your room. There is a “Butler’s Corner” where guests can get complimentary coffee, tea, sodas snacks and homemade cookies at any time. That was welcome after we got back from a day of exploring the Finger Lakes. Loved the breakfasts, even down to the frosted glass of orange juice. The breakfast room had tables for two, so that those of us who are not morning conversationalists could enjoy a quiet and intimate meal. There are three seating times and many breakfast selections, which should fit into anyone’s routine, sweet, savory. large or small. By far this is the best bed and breakfast we have been to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Just spent four nights at Greenwoods in the Timberlake suite and it was marvelous! The Inn's setting is beautiful, with lovely gardens and ponds, a great view and peace and quiet with fresh air. Lisa and Mike are wonderful hosts, and the breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. Sitting on my couch in front of my fireplace I looked out the window to see a deer and fawn ambling around the garden. Lots of flora and fauna including a pack of wild turkeys. If you are looking for a serene and lux place to stay, with lots to do in the surrounding area, Greenwoods is the one. I have stayed in Michelin rated hotels and inns and Greenwoods can compete with the best.

Room Tip: Loved the Timberlake suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

When our "regular" B&B went out of business we searched long an hard for a replacement. We've been to Greenwoods 3 times in the past 2 years and each experience has been wonderful. I think we've found our new "regular" B&B. The innkeepers are very pleasant and accommodating. The house is immaculate and the common area is huge. There's a wonderful deck and chairs for hanging out, the deck looks over a beautiful garden with a small pond. It's far enough from the road so you don't hear and traffic. The last time we were there we spent the afternoon reading and sipping wine in the sunshine on the deck - loved it!

The food is absolutely wonderful! My husband loves the cookies. There are good restaurants in the area and the wineries are not far away.

The whole area is just a great place to spend the day driving around from lake to lake.

We've spent the weekends in the Timberlake, Augusta and Gabby rooms. The Augusta was just a little too small for us, only because we like to hang out in the room some times. The Timberlake was wonderful - tons of room and we used the kitchenette. Our favorite by far is the Gabby - just the right amount of room and we loved two sided fireplace.

Again, we can't wait to go back. Wish we could go once a month!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Owners, Mike and Lisa have been the perfect hosts for over five visits we have made to the Greenwoods Bed and Breakfast. Each summer our family visits nearby Honeyoye Lake to relax with my in-laws. Their lake cottage was a bit small for the entire group, so I booked Greenwoods for my husband and I . We have stayed in almost every room of their lovely, immaculate home-- Each time has been a real joy from the pretty Comstock Room to the two bedroom suite with fireplace in their Gabby Room. The day always starts with a delectable home-made breakfast in a quaint dining room where separate tables afford private couple time and delicious food like a baked Alaska grapefruit or decadent French Toast and fresh squeezed orange juice. Details like robes and slippers, and warm chocolate chip cookies in the evening are things I look forward to after a day in the lake or boat. Greenwoods is a brilliant get away in New York State. The surrounding natural beauty of the area affords hiking, antiquing, boating or simply resting. The Inn is very quiet inside and out. A wonderful place to catch up on being together without the any stress .

Room Tip: Review their website p;hotos
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Greenwoods back in August, and we had the most wonderful experience there. First, the place is absolutely beautiful - a wonderful log building with comfey couches, free snacks and drinks, and plenty of magazines and books to read. Our room was spotless (and I'm very picky about cleanliness). Mike and Lisa were fantastic hosts, always willing to provide restaurant and tourist recommendations. And the food . .. I can't even begin to describe how heavenly the breakfast was. My husband and I left the table groaning every morning because we couldn't stop eating. The only downside is that Honeoye is a little remote to other parts of the Finger Lakes, so we did a lot of driving. The countryside made for beautiful drives, though. P.S. They also have a hot tub, so bring your bathing suit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Greenwoods Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!