1,132 results
All reviews long island new york matt highway li
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

If I could give it no stars I would. Stayed there for 3 nights. Got a great deal on Hotwire, had read reviews after and thought it was gonna be horrible. Under going renovations but room was actually decent. Smelled nice and was clean. No ripped wall paper or smelling like ciggs. The last night staying there me and my fiance left around 6:30pm I had to drop my fiance off at work and run around with my son as well as do laundry. We got back around 430am after doing every thing and picking him up from work. When I had went to put my key in the door the door just pushed open. Immediately I had went in to check if anything had been touched. We noticed that my bag with all of our clothes has been ripped apart. We checked everywhere and the money we left under the mattress was gone. We had been bouncing around staying at different hotels for about 2 months looking for house but its hard to find one that we like. We have never had an issue like this at any hotel. When we went to the front desk, the lady at the front desk advised that we wait to see security cameras which she said the gentleman that handles that wont be until 10am. So we waited till about 1030am. When I went to the front desk the lady had advised that I should have called the cops and I was going to once I saw security cameras come to find out they have no cameras inside only outside. WHAT??!!!!! What hotel doesnt have a camera...the police came took report. There key card machine that says what times someone went into room was broken(how convenient) so as we were checking out we asked how can they rectify this situation they said there not responsible for what happen in the room. She stated its harsh to say but were not sorry. Are u kidding me. Yes you are. Someone who works there obviously went in my room and the door closes when you just walk out and let it close so they slowly closed the door so it would stay open..why?!! If there was a maintenance issue oh i forgot the lady from the night said it could have been maintenance but again why there was nothing wrong with my room and you just leave my door open like that for someone else to steal my stuff. Im very disappointed they are responsible I pay for that room they cant just go in and steal from me. Whoever it was was someone with a key card to the room and they had to work there cuz we were both gone in levittown and we both had a key. Stay away from that place they obviously let employees go through ur rooms because there are no cameras they know they can get away with this. 500 is alot of money we work hard and now we lost money that we needed and they again didnt even care or even try to rectify what happened.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2019

I only stayed one night. The weather was cold with heavy rain. So the ability to peruse and explore the area was limited at best. That being said, the hotel was right off the highway exit and easy to find. There is a restaurant on premises that eliminates the need to go out if you desire not to. The check-in and out was fast and friendly. The room was quiet and comfortable and well appointed. Bear in mind, this place is under renovation, but there was no indication of any construction where my room was. On the opposite side of the highway is "civilization". McDonald's, Burger King, Applebees, TGIFriday's. As well as a K-Mart and a Stop-n-Shop Supermarket.Also keep in mind, there is no free breakfast due to the on premises restaurant. Weather not withstanding, if my travels take me to this area again, I'd give it a second look and maybe the restaurant too.

Room tip: Got a room on the back side, not facing the parking lot (#341). Very quiet-no issues.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaTeam, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Johnny-Paycheck,

Thank you so much for your kind review!
It is true, we are under a full renovation but thank you for noticing we have taken EVERY step possible to ensure that our extensive work remains out of guest view. Just as with any construction job there are inconveniences without a doubt, but the finish product will amaze our returning guests. The new; furniture, bathrooms, carpet, wallpaper, and mattresses are going to make a huge impact as we strive towards being a top hotel on Long Island.

I know future travelers will find your list of the many nearby dining options very useful so thank you for providing some options.

Thank you once again for taking the time out of your day to write us a review, we appreciate your time and your business.

Ashish Patel and the Ramada Plaza Team

Reviewed February 15, 2019

No cribs available even though website said there was. They poured rocks from the roof every 10 minutes every day from about 9am on which made it difficult to put my youngest daughter down for a nap. Room was ok and definitely needed a face lift... hopefully that's what the construction is all about, upgrading this place.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Service at the desk was good and attentive. Hotel is not New and shows it, but all is good. No issues. Clean, plenty of parking. Good price for the area. I didn't use the restaurant/bar so can't comment there.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2019

Do yourself a favor-avoid this hotel at all cost-the people of long island will be forever gratful if this place shut down. Nothing works on any floor. The smell was awful throughout every floor, and the towels were bad enough that we went to walmart and bought our own.

Date of stay: January 2019