“Great staff nice room”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel has great staff, but the physical building in its entirety is in dire need of a deep cleaning and total refurbishment. The sheets and towels in the rooms were threadbare, carpets worn and stained, mattresses were like camping equipment.
. The Sonoma Grill is awful, breakfast buffet included cold eggs tasteless sausage, no name brand yogurt, soggy,stale Cheerios.
The bar also closed at midnight, in an area where bars are commonly opened until at least 2 a.m. And turned away a bridal party at 12:10 a.m.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear John F,

Your kind words regarding our staff means the world to us. Our property is in transition and we are currently undergoing changes to improve its quality. Your comments regarding your room and mattress have been sent to housekeeping and engineering so that they can address these issues. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with our full breakfast buffet, and my restaurant is also apologetic. The food is always fresh, and I am disappointed to hear it turned cold. However, I know that the Sonoma's breakfast staff is always more than happy to assist guests by making fresh food as it is requested. The Sonoma is separate from the hotel, and I am sorry to hear that they were not accommodating and I have spoken to some staff members regarding that issue. Our hotel and staff always aims to provide our guests with excellence, and I hope you come back again so we can prove that to you.

Holtsville
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Basic motel, but my room was clean and I had plenty of
towels. Unfortunately, some people leave their rooms in the early a.m.
and their door slams, making a loud noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Linda G,

I am sorry that your neighboring guests slammed their doors, for I know personally how troubling that can be when you are trying to get some rest. I am happy your room was clean and you had plenty of towels. Our housekeeping department works very hard in providing great service to each guest room. Please come back and visit, and any time you have bothersome neighbors do not hesitate in reporting it. We want you to feel comfortable, safe, and accommodated so always contact the front desk regarding any issues you may have with your stay.

Eastern U.S.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is struggling. I've stayed here many times because of it's convenient location to my project site, but there are consistent problems. The hotel is undergoing renovation so hopefully the dirtiness will be resolved. Regardless, there are some things about this hotel that may not change. One is the inconsistency with housekeeping. You never know what you're going to get each day: 1 face towel one day but 3 face towels another day; 2 shampoos and no conditioner one day but 1 shampoo, 2 conditioners another day; 1 soap one day but 2 soaps no shampoo but 2 lotions another day... what gives? Because I had the opportunity to stay here many times, I have seen no one address the broken ice machine on the 2nd floor, over a period of about 3 months. It's still broken as of last week.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear AMECTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, for all forms of criticism is essential for us to grow. I am deeply sorry that you have not had a good experience with us, which is always something we aim for. While we are an older property, we are doing small renovations to improve upon our quality. Housekeeping has been alerted regarding the issues you have listed, and my housekeeping director takes such things very seriously. I assure you that both ice machines are working and I apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your time with us. We always aim to please, and I hope someday to prove that to you.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!