“The efficiency of the hotel was fine. We always enjoy the...”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Armonk, United States
“The efficiency of the hotel was fine. We always enjoy the...”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The efficiency of the hotel was fine. We always enjoy the breakfast. The room was clean and quiet. But, the carpeting in the hallways,lobby and rooms are in need of either being replaced or shampooed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Tammy F,

While I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, I am a bit disappointed you did not like the hotel appearance. However, I completely understand what you are saying, and I assure you that we are currently addressing the issue with the carpets on property. The breakfast buffet is extremely enjoyable, and the restaurant's warm staff only makes the experience better! Come back and visit soon, for you will see the improvements we have made to our carpeting. We would love to accommodate you again, call the front desk at 631-758-2900.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel seems rundown. The carpets and furniture are getting old, the lobby is depressing and dark. The staff was friendly and helpful but there didn't seem to be enough of them to meet our needs. The bathtub had no stopper and it took a couple of hours to get one. No free breakfast and some amenities I enjoy were missing - no fridge and microwave in the room, no pool. Smoking rooms not available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gwen G,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review, for I know how busy life can get. It is true, we do have an older property, but it has a lot of character! Our carpets are actually being replaced; I even have management looking at carpet samples on property. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, for we would do anything to please a guest. As long as a need is addressed to us, we go to any length to rectify it. I apologize that your room had no stopper, but glad that they did replace although it should have been in a more timely fashion. The breakfast is not complimentary; the restaurant is actually separate from the hotel. However, the full buffet is delicious and their staff is very warm and welcome. We unfortunately do not have a pool, but we do have microwaves and fridges on property. They are not provided in the rooms, they are in our office and upon request we bring them to your room for you. There is a $10.00/day charge per unit, unless it is for medication or a baby. To meet the needs of our families and asthma guests, we are a non-smoking hotel and enforce this policy. However, upon check in we are able to put guests near an exit on the first floor if available so that they may be able to take a quick smoke when needed outside. I am sorry that your stay is not as comforting as it should have been, as I would have liked it to be. I assure you that we are capable of greatness, and I would love the opportunity to prove that to you in the future. Please contact the front desk regarding any future reservations and we would love to assist you personally!

Holtsville, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel gets 5 stars!! Always a pleasant experience, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Convenient location, neat and clean atmosphere. Rooms are spacious and neat. My only complaint is a $10 charge for fridge, but will definitely be back to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Nichole P,

What a pleasure to receive 5 stars from you! We always strive to be excellent, as well as consistent in our excellence, so I am glad you "always" have a pleasant experience. Our staff is top notch, and every member would go above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests. Unfortunately the $10.00 fridge charge is a hotel policy, but if a guest stays with us extended, we do give them a fixed price as a courtesy. Also, if the fridge is needed for medication or for a baby, we do waive the charge altogether. I can't wait until you do come back to stay, for we will be here with open arms!

Holtsville, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My first choice! My favorite hotel by far. The staff is most friendly and the rooms are clean. The location is very convenient. I will definitely be back here and will be spreading the word to all of my friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear turtle81222,

Thank you very much for your kind review and appreciating our very hard work. Housekeeping also works very hard at providing our guests with very clean, comfortable rooms and my director of housekeeping is thrilled to hear you found your room to be so! Our location is perfect, right off of the Long Island Expressway, with plenty to do in the area as well as great food. Please do come back, we can't wait to accommodate you again!

Assistant Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!