Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
$223
$192
GardenInn.com
1,084 results
All reviewslong islandsonoma grillbreakfast buffetfront desk managermatthurricanehighway
Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The lobby needs better lighting and a tune up. It looks a bit dismal when you enter. The staff are friendly enough. I was very disappointed that the bar did not offer any beer on draft and had a sad selection of bottles. Did not try the breakfast, if it was in the bar, I did not wish to go in there again. The room was comfortable enough, and very quiet. The television picture was awful, made me wonder if I had cataracts. The wi-fi had an excellent signal. The location is very difficult to get to from the south, especially at night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear chaptal,

I appreciate your time taken to write this informative and very helpful review of our property. I have spoken with management regarding all of your helpful comments, and we are currently looking into improving many things which you found to disappoint. My restaurant has also been notified regarding your concerns that we do not have beer on draft. We truly appreciate your feedback, for it helps us improve our customer service and provide a better experience for our guests. Please consider staying again, for I would love to show you what our property is capable of, which are excellent accommodations.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was originally booked at the Hampton Inn across the street, but changed to Ramada at the last minute because they offered special pricing. Unfortunately our experience was not a good one. When we arrived in our room there was a used bar of soap on the sink in the bathroom, a dirty towel left on the bench seat and a throw and a pillow, both with noticeable stains, left crumpled in a heap on the floor. In addition the TV did not work properly and we had only two towels in our room. I went to the front desk, and advised them of all the problems. They apologized and said they would take care of the problems. I also asked for extra pillows because the pillows on the bed were very small and there were only four (for a king bed). We went out for a while, came back and although we did get extra towels, nothing else had been addressed. We then left for dinner and I advised the desk (now with a different person) of the problems again. Came back and nothing was done. Went to the front desk again, different person there, who gave me extra pillows, apologized for the problems, and offered us coupons for free breakfast for the length of our stay. The next morning we went to the breakfast and it was nothing more than boxed cereal, cold scrambled eggs and hard bagels. There was no one in the restaurant to even help us with anything. We ended up leaving without eating and had breakfast at a local diner. When we returned to our room, the extra towels we requested were gone (assuming housekeeping took them) and the dirty throw that was left on the floor was now placed on our bed. We removed the throw. We were there for three nights and my overall impression was not a good one. The carpets were dirty and worn, housekeeping left a room service tray sitting in the hallway for an entire day, the hotel needs major upgrades, including working TV service, refrigerator in the room, a decent continental breakfast, working vending machines(the vending machine with bottled water didn't work). There are virtually no amenities of any kind. Even though it would have cost more, I wish I had kept my reservation at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WenB3

Dear WenB3,

I would like to apologize for all your inconveniences during your last stay. I am absolutely disappointed to hear such things were an issue when you stayed with us. I have spoken with engineering and housekeeping regarding how your room was found during check in time, and they are very distraught over such issues. I am so sorry that it took 3 times of asking to have your requests met, for there is no excuse for that. I will be speaking with all departments on how important such requests are, and how important it is that they be met in a timely manner. It seems we have failed at providing you with an excellent stay, and for that I am truly sorry. Please consider giving us another chance, contact the front desk directly. Although your stay was disappointing, we are capable of greatness and I would love to show you this, along with meet all your requests.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I will not be staying at this hotel ever again. The rooms are old and all broken in multiple ways. The staff is friendly and to compensate us for a broken shower he gave us free breakfasts for the morning. Breakfast wasn't even running the next morning. It was a pretty bad experience. Next time I will be paying a few dollars more for the nearby Hampton inn.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Mulvito

Dear Mulvito,

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing stay with us. While the hotel is an older property, with the Ramada transition, we have been renovating to improve upon many things which you have listed. Our property does offer breakfast daily; however our hours do vary from weekdays to weekends. Monday-Thursday we have breakfast from 6AM-9:30AM and Friday-Sunday we offer breakfast 6AM-11AM. I do hope you give us a chance to accommodate you again, with hopes of making up for the previous stay.