“Not a fan”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The only positive about this hotel was the front desk staff, who did their best to help us with all of the shortcomings of the place: no closets, only some rooms have fridges, very fuzzy TV reception, ice machines on the floor not working, room keys that worked 25% of the time (I replaced them three times in three days), lack of towels/ very late room cleaning, and an attached restaurant with no liquor license. Oh, and did I mention the box of cond*ms my son found when he opened the drawer between the beds? There was no offer to comp me anything, which was disappointing as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew889
chartmannGM, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Andrew889,

Please contact the hotel's front desk regarding your reservation, for I am absolutely disappointed that no sense of compensation has been made for all of your troubles. All of your issues stated are very troubling, and the proper departments have been notified to rectify such issues. We do have fridges available on property, at a small fee of $10/day unless for medication or childcare needs. Our ice machine technician has come into the hotel to fix the problem with it not working. We have ordered a large supply of towels, and our restaurant's bar is no longer in transition and located in the bar again. I cannot imagine the frustration of finding such items in a clean room after checking into it, and housekeeping has been told to check all drawers in every room before it is considered clean and available. I am so sorry for all you have experienced, and hope to get the chance to make it up to you.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Staten Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

There is only one thing I will say if you are considering a stay at this Ramada...DON'T.
Find somewhere else to stay... change your itinerary... pay more for another place... do anything but stay here! We had to hunt for towels, soap and tissues. The room was small and crowded. The TV picture might as well not have existed. The attitude of the desk personnel was deeper than the pits, and the $9.95 breakfast was worth closer to a $1.95. And god help you if you're over 65 or have bad knees and need to use the toilet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thom T
Thom T,

I cannot express how sorry and distraught I am over your previous stay. All issues you have listed are extremely upsetting, and we are quite ashamed to disappoint. I assure you we have spoken with all departments regarding your issues. The front desk should have been kinder and understanding of your frustration. For that, I am sorry and met with my desk team to address the issue of proper customer service care. My restaurant manager has been alerted of your feelings regarding the breakfast buffet, and she is very apologetic that you were not content with it. We will be expanding our breakfast menu to address these issues. We aim to go above and beyond, and I know and understand how you do not see this passion to excellent accommodations. I ask you to please give us just another shot, to show you what we are capable of. Reach out to the front desk personally, and we will see to it to customize your reservation and room so that your next experience is a warm one.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Holtsville hotels

Cheektowaga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

As usual, all of your employees were kind and curteous. I was not disappointed there. The structure is very old and it shows in the rugs and walls. There were some updates done in the room, but overall, it felt run down. There were not enough convenient plugs for laptop, tablet and 2 phones. Although internet service free, unable to connect to my work intranet from your hotel (not usually a problem)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Theresa Mary S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and point out our accommodating staff. We are in a renovation period, and all issues you have stated are important to us to improve. I have spoken to my engineer and we are looking into adding more plugs for electronics in the lobby. Our internet provider has been notified regarding the trouble connecting, and we have been monitoring the internet connection since which has been working quite well. Please come back and visit, we would love to accommodate you, and as you know, we aim to provide customer service which guests feel more at home.

Brooklyn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is in desperate need of a good rug cleaning. We were traveling with family and would not allow the children to be on the floors.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

1. room stunk so bad between cig smoke/pot smoke/mold smell
2. Where's the closet? Oh you mean the weird Ikea looking box in the room that holds the ironing board is the closet?!
3. Towels? "Im sorry you will get towels later since every towel in the hotel is being washed right now." (As housekeeping rolls by with a cart of clean folded towels!) I thought I was on Candid Camera.
4. TP? "Crap, there is no TP in the bathroom!" (Used tisses) 'RingRing - Front Desk: How can I help you? Me: Could you send up TP to our room please. There is none. Front Desk: What? Oh My So sorry, its coming right up! Me: Thanks! FOUR HOURS LATER TP. I was able to track down a housekeeper cart and took a roll myself
5. Getting ready for a wedding, Husband just got out of the shower and I am doing my hair & make up when all of the sudden our door opens and in walks the housekeeper with towels. As I screamed, told my husband to stay behind the wall and the housekeeper laughed, I could of gone nuclear right then but we had to go.
6. On our way to wedding it was my job to check the bride & groom into their room for them. This was cleared before hand, my name was on the room and the bride was told No Problem hotel isn't booked, can be done early. Cool! I go at 2 - room not ready. I call the desk at 3 (regular cck in time) not ready. We leave at 4 - no ready. What if I was the bride and wanted my room to get ready. They one front desk lady said she will deal with the bride if she is not happy about this. B.S.! You knew you would be long gone before they would come back and the poor night shift guy would have to deal the issue.
7. King size bed, as stiff as the floor with stamp size pillows. I have herd that the beds were sleep#?! If so ours as not, and we were never told that was an option.
8. Makeshift/cash only bar in a banquet room while the new restaurant gets their liquor license together. Was not sure about a working ATM in their own hotel.
9. Red head night shift front desk lady said room service is available, same food as in the menu in your room (from the old restaurant). Great! Called room service for breakfast this is what I was told: "I don't know who told you we do room service for breakfast but we do not! CLICK!" It was dramatic. Geesh! Umm Ok.
10. Just go across the street to the Hampton Inn - this hotel is dirty joke.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be best!