“"No Second Chance"”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Monroe, NC
“"No Second Chance"”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from August 15-20, 2012 because all hotels were booked. Our first impression when we walked into the lobby, is the hotel is below the hotels we normally stay in. The decor needs an update and the furniture is well worn. Our room was a king on the third floor. The cushions on the sofa were very stained, so I covered them with towels so we could sit. Two mornings out of our stay, we had no hot water and had to take a cold shower. We complained and they did make an adjustment to our bill. Unlike most hotels we've stayed in, no complimentary breakfast. I was told breakfast did not come with the senior discount. If you want breakfast, it was extra. Overall the staff was nice and the room and hotel area was clean. The location is excellent, right off the expressway. This hotel would not be our choice again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Classtraveler2011,

Thank you for choosing us for your hotels accommodations during your travels to Long Island and for taking the time to share your experience and point out the good service. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences that you received while staying with us. I assure you the issues you stated are going to be looked into and corrected.

Next time traveling to Long Island I do hope you choose to stay with us again as we are currently undergoing some very EXCITING changes!! When doing so please contact me directly and I personally will make your reservation and assure you that you receive the best experience you can.

I do hope to hear from you.

Thank you.

Ramada Plaza
chartmann@cplongisland.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed years ago when it was a Radisson and returned this week as it is now Crowne Plaza. It is a totally big improvement from what he once was. The hotel has a luxurious vibe. The rooms were comfortable, It was relaxing and quiet. The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.The restaurant was great. Exceptional food. The free breakfast was usual continental faire. It was still good. I would highly reccomend this hotel. If in Long Island again we will stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Blondbelle,

I am so glad to read your review and see you enjoyed yourself while staying with us for your trip to Long Island and thank you so much for taking the time to share that experience. We have taken the past year to renovate our hotel and glad to see you and other guest are enjoying it.

I hope next time you travel to Long Island we see you again and I have a chance to meet you.

Thanks Again!

Ramada Plaza Long Island
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights here while we were on Long Island for a wedding and this was a great location between north & south shores. Our King room was large with couch, desk & fridge/microwave. Bathroom was a bit small but very nicely appointed. Six of us had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good & reasonably priced - only complaint was that the oatmeal was liquidy and seemed to be more of a cream of wheat texture. My egg white omlet was very good. Service was also very good. We also got a tip from the main desk regarding a day spa that was right up the road - 3 of us went for manicure/pedicures and had a great experience. We enjoyed the lobby area also as it was a great meeting point for our group.

Room Tip: Some rooms have microwave & fridge - ask if you want one in your room (we didn't ask but got...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Robin N,

I want to thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island to host your guest that were coming to Long Island to celebrate your very special Day. Another thank you for taking the time to share your experience that you had with us. I am so glad everything was great and glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and service. I am also glad you were able to take time to relax at our neighborhood favorite spa Relaxation Day Spa as well.

I do hope that on your next travels to Long Island you choose to stay with us again and if you do please feel free to contact me.

Thank you again and congratulations and best wishes to you and your Husband.

Crowne Plaza Long Island
Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2012

With the help of Victor Pope & Eilene Connoly My event came our Perfectly Superb! The food was fabulous and the venue looked amazing. Victor ensured i was well taken care of. I couldn't have asked for a better Experience

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Nakeya B,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza to host your catering event and I am so happy and pleased to hear what a great experience you had and that Eileen and Victor were so catering to you and took care of you.

We hope that we see you in the future for your upcoming events !

Thank You so much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone!

Cassandra HArtmann
631-758-2900 ext 406

Auburn, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is an older hotel, and it is obvious that updating is in progress. What is much more obvious, and that which impressed me most about this property, is the feeling of welcome that we got from everyone-from Victor at the front desk to Luis in Yogi's at breakfast. We read a lot of reviews before booking a stay, and another inidicator we were impressed with is that the GM reads and responds to comments here. We don't often see that and it speaks volumes--- it says we care and want our customers happy!
We saw none of the negatives described in other reviews. Our room was clean and quiet, and we will return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank debbie_kevin
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Debbie_Kevin,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island and for sharing your experience and efforts on our renovations. We are in the final phases and glad to see and hear feedback from our valued guest such as yourself.

I do hope when traveling to Long Island you choose us again please feel free to contact me when doing so as I would like to introduce myself and meet you.

Look forward seeing you soon!

Best REgards,
New York
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay for an out of town wedding. Rooms were clean and recently updated. Very comfortable beds and quiet location. Conveniently located less than a mile from the LIE but not much else closeby. Would recommend

• Stayed July 2012
Dear NYTRAVLGRL23,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island and thank you so much for taking the time to share that experience.

I do hope when traveling to Long Island you choose us again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

There have been many negative reviews on here, buut must say that their effort to clean up the hotel has paid off in spades. The staff was very helpful especially Victor and Chris. Definately a great value!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank cal820
Dear Cal820,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here the Crowne Plaza Long Island! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Victor and Kris were able to accommodate and help you with anything you needed.

I hope we see you soon.

631-758-2900 ext 406
chartmann@cplongisland.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!