“Don't stay here. You will regret it!”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had to switch rooms 3 times because the rooms were not even close to good. The sheets were not changed in the 1st room, they reaked of mens cologne. One of the matresses was broken in the 2nd room and the 3rd room had a broken shower and the wallpaper was falling off the wall. To top it off the breakfast was horrible and the hotel charged my credit card over $160. When I asked the front desk why, they tried telling me the charges was not from them. Well after getting my credit card company on the phone and proving to them the charges came from them, all they could say was "we will have to fax your credit card company and reverse the charges". I don't know about you but I do not like knowing the hotel I'm staying at has free reign to charge whatever they want with no explination of why the hotel did those charges in the first place! This hotel definately needs to get their house in order!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Pam1024,

I want to apologize for the experience that you have received while here visiting us. I assure you that issues you have stated are taken very seriously and we have looked into them and having them corrected. That is not the service that we want to give to our valued guest such as yourself.

I would appreciate if own your own convience if you could take time to call me so I can further apologize and hopefully have you come back and visit us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regard,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I just wanted to say Victor is the best! I have traveled here a good bit the month of July and he is always so friendly and takes care of you right away. I travel a lot and when I am in the area I make it a point to stay at this property. Please keep up the good work and let Victor know how great he is.

Sue Nanni

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue N

Good Afternoon Sue N,

Thank you so much taking the time the time to share your experience with us here at the Crowne Plaza and pointing out Victor and the great customer service he receives. We are so glad to have you keep coming back and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks!

chartmann@cplongisalnd.com

Reviewed July 17, 2012

True, the Crowne Plaza could use some carpet updating -- and perhaps the ability to adjust the air conditioning which was set on "Frostbite," but overall, this was one of my more excellent hotel stays. Lisa and Victor at the desk were as delightful as family, and even now, upon my return home, he's working to correct a small problem. Big comfy beds laden with pillows, genuine fluffy towels -- all kept fresh and welcoming every day! I loved the hotel, but the staff alone could keep me coming back!

Room Tip: You might have to request a refrigerator, if necessary.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank joaniekins
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Joaniekins!

I want to thank you so much for taking the time write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I assure you the issues you stated are getting into and corrected right away! I so glad to hear that Lisa and Victor were so accommodating to you and really appreciate you taking the time to point that out!

I do hope that we see you in the future and next time I hope I am able to meet you.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel was OK, no pool which would of been great for My kids & I. The gentleman at the front
Desk was excellent, if I remember correct I over herd him answer the phone saying his name was Dan. He was very polite as we did wait a few minutes checking in.He was running around bringing blankets & pillows to other guests in the lobby. Very helpful assisting us to get to NYC. I had a long day traveling & when I feel welcomed & treated the way this gentleman took care of us & took the time to explain things, it made My vacation a bit better. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear QuintanillaMom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Crowne Plaza as well a even pointing out a direct team member! I am happy to hear that Dan was there to assist with you and it seems other guest as well.

I do hope next time you are traveling to Long Island you choose us again!

Thank You Again!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff was able and willing, however the property was in need of updating and cleaning The carpet in my assigned room showed black stripes of either oil or some other substance. Maintenance requests were not followed up in a timely manner. I forgot deodorant and approached the desk to inquire where I could obtain a replacement. I was sent to a second floor vending area to a machine that contained Tide, nail clippers, and a pair of socks for sale, and no deodorant. The restaurant was the jewel of the place The managers were on top of their game as well as the servers. There is no hotel pool or jacuzzi. I thought this was odd for an Intercontinental property ,

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Surfcity6,

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you received with us during your visit to Long Island, but want to thank you and let you know that I do appreciate the time you took to as well point out the positive part of your stay. I assure you all issues you have addressed have been looked into and resolved.

I hope that upon your conveince you can contact me and we can go more into your stay experience and I hope to have you come and visit us again.

Thank You.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked two rooms and one of the rooms was booked for two double beds which was not available when we checked in. They brought in an old disgusting cot without a top mattress. For the second room they gave us a very smelly room that smelled like the hospital. After calling to complain, we were informed that they were sold out but after being persistent we were moved so that made the stay for half of our group much more pleasant. Front desk personnel had a hard time understanding the problem and didn't deliver the room they promised they would hold for late arrival. We were offered free breakfast which was at least something for the inconvenience but will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dearly EmilyNYC_5,

I want to thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Palza Long Island for your hotel accommodation as I know you have many options when choosing. I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you experienced while you were here with us and assure you that is not the service we want to provide to our guest.

Upon your convenience I would like to discuss further with you and correct the experience you had so please feel free to contact me.

Again my apologies.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked the Crowne Plaza MacArthur Airport for a visit to Long Island and The Hamptons. The Reception team could not have been more polite and welcoming, and the offer of an inclusive breakfast as a Platinum Priority Club Member was a nice touch. The rooms and public areas were immaculate, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Breakfast service was equally good, and the team in the adjoining bar was very attentive. In all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven T
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for your accommodations while traveling to Long Island. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience you had here to share with everyone. We greatly appreciate the kind words you used to describe your stay with us and about our hotel we are even more glad to hear that you had such a great stay!

We hope the next time traveling to Long Island you choose to stay with us again!!!

Thank You Again!

chartmann@cplongisland.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!