“Such a Helpful Staff!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Delray Beach, Florida
“Such a Helpful Staff!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

True, the Crowne Plaza could use some carpet updating -- and perhaps the ability to adjust the air conditioning which was set on "Frostbite," but overall, this was one of my more excellent hotel stays. Lisa and Victor at the desk were as delightful as family, and even now, upon my return home, he's working to correct a small problem. Big comfy beds laden with pillows, genuine fluffy towels -- all kept fresh and welcoming every day! I loved the hotel, but the staff alone could keep me coming back!

Room Tip: You might have to request a refrigerator, if necessary.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joaniekins
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Joaniekins!

I want to thank you so much for taking the time write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I assure you the issues you stated are getting into and corrected right away! I so glad to hear that Lisa and Victor were so accommodating to you and really appreciate you taking the time to point that out!

I do hope that we see you in the future and next time I hope I am able to meet you.

Thanks again!

631-758-2900 ext 406
chartmann@cplongisland.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
texas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel was OK, no pool which would of been great for My kids & I. The gentleman at the front
Desk was excellent, if I remember correct I over herd him answer the phone saying his name was Dan. He was very polite as we did wait a few minutes checking in.He was running around bringing blankets & pillows to other guests in the lobby. Very helpful assisting us to get to NYC. I had a long day traveling & when I feel welcomed & treated the way this gentleman took care of us & took the time to explain things, it made My vacation a bit better. I recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear QuintanillaMom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Crowne Plaza as well a even pointing out a direct team member! I am happy to hear that Dan was there to assist with you and it seems other guest as well.

I do hope next time you are traveling to Long Island you choose us again!

Thank You Again!

Minneapolis
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The staff was able and willing, however the property was in need of updating and cleaning The carpet in my assigned room showed black stripes of either oil or some other substance. Maintenance requests were not followed up in a timely manner. I forgot deodorant and approached the desk to inquire where I could obtain a replacement. I was sent to a second floor vending area to a machine that contained Tide, nail clippers, and a pair of socks for sale, and no deodorant. The restaurant was the jewel of the place The managers were on top of their game as well as the servers. There is no hotel pool or jacuzzi. I thought this was odd for an Intercontinental property ,

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Surfcity6,

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you received with us during your visit to Long Island, but want to thank you and let you know that I do appreciate the time you took to as well point out the positive part of your stay. I assure you all issues you have addressed have been looked into and resolved.

I hope that upon your conveince you can contact me and we can go more into your stay experience and I hope to have you come and visit us again.

Thank You.

631-758-2900 ext 406
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked two rooms and one of the rooms was booked for two double beds which was not available when we checked in. They brought in an old disgusting cot without a top mattress. For the second room they gave us a very smelly room that smelled like the hospital. After calling to complain, we were informed that they were sold out but after being persistent we were moved so that made the stay for half of our group much more pleasant. Front desk personnel had a hard time understanding the problem and didn't deliver the room they promised they would hold for late arrival. We were offered free breakfast which was at least something for the inconvenience but will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dearly EmilyNYC_5,

I want to thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Palza Long Island for your hotel accommodation as I know you have many options when choosing. I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you experienced while you were here with us and assure you that is not the service we want to provide to our guest.

Upon your convenience I would like to discuss further with you and correct the experience you had so please feel free to contact me.

Again my apologies.

chartmann@cplongisland.com

Travelers are raving about these Holtsville hotels

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked the Crowne Plaza MacArthur Airport for a visit to Long Island and The Hamptons. The Reception team could not have been more polite and welcoming, and the offer of an inclusive breakfast as a Platinum Priority Club Member was a nice touch. The rooms and public areas were immaculate, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Breakfast service was equally good, and the team in the adjoining bar was very attentive. In all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven T
, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for your accommodations while traveling to Long Island. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience you had here to share with everyone. We greatly appreciate the kind words you used to describe your stay with us and about our hotel we are even more glad to hear that you had such a great stay!

We hope the next time traveling to Long Island you choose to stay with us again!!!

Thank You Again!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I actually had the opportunity to stay at this hotel twice. We booked a block of rooms for my wedding in 2011. We had a lot of family come from out of town, and this was the nearest hotel to our wedding hall that had a bar for an after party, however, this hotel provided more then just a spot to go for the after party. The customer service was outstanding. When a few of our family members reserved a room, they were told the block of rooms at the wedding price were all ready taken. I spoke to service myself and they made sure that everyone that came to the wedding was provided with the wedding rate that we were promised. The Hotel has a very good breakfast buffet that everyone was able to take part of. My wife and i stayed on the suite on the first floor and was much bigger then I would have thought to be in a hotel like this. This was an older building that had recently been turned into a Crown Plaza, maybe 5 or 6 years ago.
We were so happy with the service and the hotel that for my 1 year anniversary, I reserved the same exact suite for my wife and I to stay in.
The Hotel has a nice bar, good food, great service and really good prices!

Room Tip: The rooms are away from the bar so it will never be too loud.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich S
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for your hotel stay during your trip. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself the first time that you returned and had the same experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the hotel and our restaurant Yogi's!
I Hope we do see you here again soon and if so please do not hesitate in contacting me so we can make sure your stay continues to be a pleasant one.

Thank You!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

From our first foot in the door till we had to say goodbye. Victor Pope at the front desk made my whole night.He made sure we had everything we wanted and was the politest person we ever met. It was our anniversary and the manager went out of the way and had a cheese with fruit platter and wine at the room when we came back from dinner. The jucuzzi in my room was the best...We will return to this hotel every year. I am also going to tell everyone I know.Awesome just Awesome ....Thanks again Victor. YOU ROCK....

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jadenmaxwell
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for your hotel stay when traveling to Long Island and for your special occasion and thank you so much for taking the time to express your stay with us here. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and that Victor gave you the best service that we could.

We hope to see you return soon and if so please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Thank You!

chartmann@cplongisland.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!