“WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is to advise ANYONE EVEN THINKING ABOUT STAYING AT THE CROWNE PLAZA HOTELS. No matter if you pay them cash or not, THEY WILL HOLD YOUR FUNDS ON EITHER A CREDIT CARD OR A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD FOR OVER 5 days. IF YOU ARE ON VACATION THIS IS HORRIBLE. I JUST EXPERIENCED THIS. I was unable to rent a car with the rental agent of my choice because they had my available credit tied up and Budget does not take Debit Cards, so I had to rent with National at a higher rate because they were the only rental agent that took debit cards. It is now 6 days, I am back from my vacation and I still don't have the money back on my credit card. Bank of America told me that by law, they have up to 30 days to wait to refund me. JUST BEWARE IF YOU STAY THERE FOR A WEEK YOU COULD BE LEFT SHORT OF FUNDS IF YOU PLANNED TO PAY THEM CASH OR WITH ANOTHER CARD. THEY DON'T CREDIT FUNDS BACK RIGHT AWAY. THE HOTEL WASN'T THAT GREAT EITHER. I COULD HAVE STAYED AT THE MARRIOTT FOR $110.00 and they have a pool and the Crowne Plaza does not. LIVE AND LEARN

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
chartmannGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the inconveniences with the hold on your credit card during your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island. When you do check in we do need to take cc and when checking out we here do release the hold on your card right away unfortunately the process of releasing the hold a bit of time with the credit card companies and banks but please in the future do contact management and we can contact the bank and have any holds that are being held released more efficiently by making a call in which we would be more than happy to do.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

This was our first time at this property and it exceeded our high expectations for a Crowne Plaza Hotel. The desk staff was sincerely pleasant - not just a painted smile and my pleasure, but a genuine welcome how can I help you.
The room was in great shape, clean, comfortable and everything worked well, even the a/c in the extreme heat of the day.
The lounge was pleasant, the bar staff friendly and attentive, yet not pushy. The drinks were well made and reasonable. The bartender quickly gave me another beer in place of the when the one I tried was not to my liking - too hoppy.
Buffet breakfast was tasty and plentiful and staff was helpful.
On checkout the staff was helpful to each person I observed and treated me as well.
All in all a super say and wonderful treatment, I will stay here again and am happy to recommend them to you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for taking the time to comment on the stay that you had. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you on future travels you may have to Long Island.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a few friends during the summer and absolutely loved it!! The food was great, room was clean and cozy and staff was warm and very helpful-espeically Paul. He always had a smile on his face and was helpful with every request we had.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PaulB32

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for taking the time to comment on the stay that you had and glad to hear Paul was helpfull during your stay. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you on future travels you may have to Long Island.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

From the time we stepped out of our car walked to desk to check in every staff member that we came into contact with was so friendly and accomodating.

I forgot that I had booked two beds and decided to change when I got there and they were sold out but some vibrant tall fellow...named Victor stepped out to assist his staff and at the moment said..wait I had a cancellation sir here is a king for you enjoy your staf. That made my wife smile even more. Then a half hour in the room Victor called to welcome us and make sure all was well and fro the four days we stayed he nor his staff missed a beat...we were greeted from the elevator to the exit doors. Things like this make people stay continuously at hotels. Is there any other Victor's at other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alan197904

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Crowne Plaza Long Island for taking the time to comment on the stay that you had and taking the time complement Victor on his Service. We are glad to hear that your stay was a welcoming and comfortable one and look forward to hosting you when traveling to Long Island in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

The worst hotel ever to stay out -- for a name like Crowne Plaza I would expect there to be not bugs(cockroaches in the room) and the maid service to actually clean the room. Sheets never changed. I would have rather stayed at the shirley motel -- at least I would have expected this from them. We stayed there from 6/29-7/4/11

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jboccasini
IHGCare, IHG ICare at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Dear Jboccasini,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you.

We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. IHG Care ^bj

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We are born and raised Southerners from the great state of North Carolina, who traveled across the Mason Dixon Line to New York to attend a family wedding joining the North and the South. For this trip we chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza. For the price we paid we were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff, our accomadations, and the food we experienced during our stay. Hotel provided us transportation to the train. In addition the staff was very knowledgable and helpful with the surrounding area. We would definitely stay at a Crowne Plaza Hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Go online and book directly through them
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SquiresFamily
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Upon checking in the place looked fine. The room was clean with nothing outstanding. However as we started to use the room things started popping up. Immediatly we discovered the light just inside the door did not work, which ironically did not work in our friends room next door either. A call was put in and ours was fixed but thiers was not. Also our in room iron was found to not work and a call was made. It was replaced fairly quickly and a request for some additional towels was made. We were told they would be right up but they never arrived. An additional request was made in the morning and agin we were told they would be right up. However, again they never showed up. They were a few things in the room that had obviously been broken and not replaced but rather poorly repaired. (toilet bowl, tiles in bathroom floor, dead bolt lock and sliding blinds, cable tv coupler (making for poor reception). The room was comfortable enough but all of these small inconveniences added up. The rooms definitly need a going through and simple services needed to be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Race39car
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!