“Clean place; needs maintenance and better service.”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Upon checking in the place looked fine. The room was clean with nothing outstanding. However as we started to use the room things started popping up. Immediatly we discovered the light just inside the door did not work, which ironically did not work in our friends room next door either. A call was put in and ours was fixed but thiers was not. Also our in room iron was found to not work and a call was made. It was replaced fairly quickly and a request for some additional towels was made. We were told they would be right up but they never arrived. An additional request was made in the morning and agin we were told they would be right up. However, again they never showed up. They were a few things in the room that had obviously been broken and not replaced but rather poorly repaired. (toilet bowl, tiles in bathroom floor, dead bolt lock and sliding blinds, cable tv coupler (making for poor reception). The room was comfortable enough but all of these small inconveniences added up. The rooms definitly need a going through and simple services needed to be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Race39car
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed there for a night. The staff was definitely very friendly and helpful, that was my first impression when I got there. I was given a large room (well I guess I paid more than just for a single room) which was nice & clean (actually spotless). The bed - well I am not an expert on beds. All I care about is whether it's clean or not. And it was clean, like everything else. Everything looked pretty much like new.

There is some kind of a sports bar/restaurant in the same building which also looked nice and decent. I didn't eat there, except for breakfast which was fine, quite a variety of choices. I guess there was something for everyone. Oh, and they offer free parking. And there's a strict non-smoking policy for those who care about these things.
I had some problems with the wifi though.

I liked the hotel and I might stay there again in a few weeks. It might be more expensive than some other places around there but it is nice, clean and decent - unlike many cheaper places. I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

It's OK, a little pricey but OK. Friendly staff, helpful with local restuarants after the promtion of the forgetable hotel restaurant. Nice enough rooms but nothing special. Another OK hotel for business. But don't trust the local shuttle service to get you back to JFK, it arrived 2 hours late!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DRMB
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This is the second time we are here this month. Our stay the first time made me book the next trip. The front desk staff is beyond helpful and outdid themselves to make sure we were comfortable whether we were staying multiple nights or just one night. Friendly, accommodating, great value, and convenient!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed here one Saturday night while traveling out east. Staff is great, rooms are really nice and well kept, and the value can't be beat. When the manager found out we were also using this hotel for our wedding, he sent a bottle of wine to say thanks. Also - the food at the bar is pretty good and very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the New Years Eve Party. We had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here for New Year's Eve Party. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff the moment we walked in the door. The room was very well cleaned and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to stay at all year long and for the New Year's Eve package.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!