“Modern Facility with Marriott Quality”

Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
“Modern Facility with Marriott Quality”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A modern Residence Inn with the expected high quality facility and service I have come to expect from Marriott. Very clean, well maintained facility with friendly and efficient front desk. Breakfast was good quality with one of the more comfortable breakfast areas we have experienced. The location is just a bit hard to find although it is right along the expressway. A couple right turns after you pass it on the expressway and you are there but did not see directional signs. GPS got me there without a problem. It is colocated with a couple nice restaurants and a multiplex theater. We've already booked a room for our next visit since we appreciated the predictably high quality of this property.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank VNABOB
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear VNABOB,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our nearby attractions and dining options. I shared your review with our staff and they were very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well. We look forward to seeing you soon at our property!

Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I once again returned to spend a week at this hotel which to us has become a 2nd home. The hotel itself is beautifully kept inside and out, clean, wonderful amenities, pool, laundry room, light dinners 4 nights a week, delicious and varied breakfasts everyday, etc, etc. However, the very best aspect of this place is the staff, led by the manger, Lauren. When you are treated like family, you feel like family. This staff from front desk with Freddie, Tom, Danielle, Holly, Christina to maintenance headed by Juan, to housekeeping led by Maria (I hope my aging brain did not leave out or mess up a name!) is friendly, warm and altogether incredible. If you want to stay somewhere where you will be treated like you matter and staff will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: We have always been on the 4th floor(the top) and it has always been quiet. We faced the parking are...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelers2013
Dear Travelers2013,

Words cannot express how thankful our entire team is for your wonderful review. It is great to know that when you visit us you know you are part of our Holtsville Residence Inn family. I’m so happy to hear, that what truly makes your stay here the best for you is our associates. Our associates have a passion for what they do and what they do best is take care of our guests. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

washington, dc
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel over ten times, rack and every time we visit family in Long Island. Never have we had a bad experience and always are the rooms spotless. They have very good security and the breakfast is good for kids but I much rather have an egg sandwich from one of the local delis. The suite is every bet worth the upgrade for ten dollars. Pass on the gym, sub sub par, but the kids really seem to enjoy the home made waffle machine.

There are several rooms pet friendly and they are just as clean.
Don't go here expecting the Ritz or Four Seasons, but It will differently be as clean as any four or five star hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is dog friendly but charge an additional fifty dollars.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Ras831,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and repeatedly choose the Holtsville Residence Inn as your “home away from home”. We appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Yours in hospitality,

Coventry, CT
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This will be a very long review. I apologize but I truly wanted to show just how pleasantly overwhelmed I was with the Residence Inn staff members and how much I LOVE this hotel because of what they did for my wife.

I had planned a surprise weekend getaway for my wife's birthday and since this is also our 30th wedding anniversary this year I really wanted to make it a memorable one! I often surprise her with "mystery getaways" but this time it had to be the best. I had even planned to have our friends (who she hadn't seen in years) join us as an even bigger surprise, too. I emailed Lauren Kemler (the General Manager) to ask for adjoining rooms if possible and told her of the special occasion(s). She IMMEDIATELY replied back to me with the nicest and most thoughtful email, saying that she loved what I was doing for my wife’s surprise and that she would do everything she could to block 2 adjoining Queen Suites. I was VERY impressed at her personal and quick reply! I realized that being a Residence Inn (which are very popular with long-term guests) that not too many rooms are available at times, especially adjoining rooms on a weekend. But she said she’d try for us.

I called this past Friday night to confirm the rooms and spoke with Connie. She was VERY welcoming and professional to say the least. Before I even gave her my name all I had mentioned was that I was calling to confirm 2 rooms and also to see if they were possibly assigned as adjoining rooms that we were hoping to have as a surprise for my wife. She immediately knew who I was, called me by name and told me that every member of the staff at the Residence Inn was advised by Ms Kemler of our special weekend and that we were all set. She further stated that Ms Kemler had advised every staff member to make sure my wife's weekend was a special one for her. WOW!!! Are you serious? I was totally overwhelmed when I heard that!

The next day we headed to New York City for the day which was the surprise destination for my wife. We spent more time in the city than we had planned so I called the hotel to advise them that we would be running late and wanted to make sure they knew we were still coming. Tom answered and assured me that I had nothing to worry about and he (like Connie) also told me that the entire staff was anxiously awaiting our arrival. He was also very professional and demonstrated the utmost in polite customer service! WOW again!

We finally arrived around 6pm (after hitting bumper to bumper traffic on the Long Island Expressway) and were greeted at the desk by Tom and Freddy. I had already read all about Freddy from past Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and had been greatly looking forward to meeting him in person. He was even more welcoming and accommodating in person than in all the reviews! We felt like absolute royalty when we told them who we were. I looked around almost expecting to see a marching band with a red carpet….LOL! My wife felt VERY special and that was my hope all along!

As if our warm welcome wasn't enough, when we got to our room there was a huge "Happy Anniversary" sign hanging on our window valance, a bottle of chilled champagne, 2 mini-cheesecakes in the fridge, 2 little heart-shaped containers of M&Ms and 2 cards (one a birthday card and the other a 30th anniversary card) with brief messages written on them PERSONALLY BY THE STAFF MENBERS! SERIOUSLY? And there was also a rose pedal trail on the carpet leading to our bedroom where the date and a huge heart was arranged in rose pedals for us on the bed! My wife actually became slightly emotional when she saw that and also when she read all the thoughtful comments from the staff members who took the time to do that for her! Again.....WOW!!!! And even our friends' adjoining room had a complimentary bottle of wine and a great cheese platter left in their fridge for them, too! He's a Marriott Platinum Member, having stayed at a Residence Inn on and off for over 6 years for his work and even he was moved by that gesture!

We dressed for dinner and came back down to the front desk to get a recommendation of where to eat that was also a fun place with perhaps a band. Tom recommended the "Brickhouse Brewery” in Patchogue nearby. He even printout out a pre-prepared sheet of directions to the restaurant for us. There must be files to pull up instantly in their computer for each of the many restaurants and attractions in the area that can be immediately printed out for their guests! We've stayed at $500+ per night hotels where even their Concierges didn't have that. Obviously this hotel cares about their guests!

We got to the restaurant and unfortunately there was a 45 minute wait for dinner and the band was REALLY loud so we didn’t stay there. I play in a 60's, 70's and 80's classic rock/dance/nightclub band and even I thought they were loud....LOL. Ironically, we found a really fun place across the street called Bobbique and had a great meal and listened to a SUPER band called "Danny Kean and Friends" Danny Kean is blind, plays keyboards and sings. If you ever hear of them playing near you, check them out! I was VERY impressed with them! http://www.dannykeanmusic.com/index.php

As for the actual hotel (our 2 beautiful queen suites, the pool and Jacuzzi area, the delicious free morning breakfast and all the other property details).....everything was all PERFECT! But past reviews on Tripadvisor have already indicated that so I won't repeat what you already know.

When we checked out the next morning I saw Freddy again and got to meet Holly. Holly is a newer staff member and what a wonderfully nice girl she is with an absolutely beautiful smile! She fits right in with the other staff members and I know she’ll go far there! She also had been made aware of my wife's special weekend and wanted to make sure that everything had been perfect for her! We assured her that it truly was!

I called the next morning to thank everyone once again and finally got a chance to speak with Danielle who I had also extensively read about in many of the past reviews on Tripadvisor. She said that she was really disappointed that she hadn't had the chance to meet us since she had been off all weekend but she assured me that she will meet me when we return to the hotel on June 21st for a concert in we are attending in Westbury.

And most of all, to Lauren Kemler the General Manager: What can I possibly say that means more than simply saying THANK YOU? I wish there were stronger words that would be able to show just how deeply appreciative I am for making the entire weekend so special for my wife. It is obvious why all the staff members are so welcoming and genuinely interested in all of their guests' needs. It all starts at the top and Lauren is obviously the reason why. We stay at many hotels all over the country on our frequent getaway trips and we have NEVER been treated better than we were at this property! And even her own employees feel that way about her. When I was talking to Tom and Freddy during our check-in, they both raved about her and both of them said that she was the best boss they had ever worked for. I could tell that they sincerely meant what they said and I can certainly see why. Obviously that is why they treat their guests so well. A content employee is always the best ambassador for any company.

In this era of the usual rush-rush attitudes, frequent indifference from employees and unfortunately a lack of "Good, old-fashioned customer service" it was refreshing to find a hotel where exemplary customer service hasn't been forgotten. Starting at the top with GM Lauren Kemler to Connie, Freddy, Tom, Holly, Danielle and all the other staff members at the Residence Inn Holtsville who truly “get it”, all I can say once again is “THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART……MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!” See you June 21st!!

Kenny and Lorraine Hicks
Coventry, CT

Room Tip: Make sure you stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ntrtainr
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mr & Mrs. Hicks,

Words cannot express how much your beautiful review means to all of us here at the Holtsville Residence Inn! I was so happy that you reached out to me after reading our reviews and made your decision to stay with us for your special weekend. Our associates were just as excited as you were to see how happy your wife was when you checked into the property. Reading your review at our daily huddle brought a tear of joy to all of our eyes. We cannot wait to see you again in June when you visit your Residence Inn family again for your birthday!

Warm Regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn for a week and would go back if I am ever in Long Island again.
While it is a familiar RI design it has several good things going for it including great breakfast choices and exceptional evening 'snacks' (almost a Dinner option).
The housekeeping is great and the situation - right next to a Subway and some Mexican restaurants - is convenient for travel to any part of Suffolk County.

Front Desk staff are helpful but as usual in some 'Business Centers' if something is broken ( for this one read 'printer') it is really not fixable by the staff as they are always busy.
Overall though - a good stay.

Room Tip: It's well away from the freeway so it seems most rooms would be quiet - but as always ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank burtfp
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Burtfp,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience as well as enjoyed our wonderful amenities. We are lucky to have many great options right in our parking lot when staying with us, which provides a nice variety for food choices and entertainment. I'm sorry for the difficulties with our business center but I'm happy to report with have upgraded the area shortly after your departure. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've stayed at the Residence Inn Holtsville several times while visiting family out on the Island. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and the facilities are what I've come to expect from a Marriott property. Definitely highly recommended if you're in the area - I know I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Marc,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on trip advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your comments on our amazing staff and our exceptional facility. All of us at the Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott are committed to providing exceptional guest service and quality service for which Marriott is known.

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family visit to the island and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

In the Spirit of Hospitality
Long Island, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2014

For the last few years I have been suggesting this hotel to my family members here while they were visiting family on the eastern end of Long Island. The front desk staff has been nothing but professional and everyone I have associated with at this property has been great . I would highly recommend this property to anyone and everyone coming to stay in the area. I wouldn't send my family anywhere else in the area

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jsman,

We are so appreciative to hear that you recommend our hotel to your family while they visit Long Island. We are delighted to provide your family with a “Home away from Home”. All of us at the Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott are committed to providing an exceptional experience. We are so grateful for your comments and happy to hear that we are your choice hotel. I will make sure to pass your comments along to our staff

We look forward to hosting your family again.

In the Spirit of Hospitality

Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville? Share your experiences!