“Like coming home!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
New York City, New York
“Like coming home!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I had spent several months living at this Residence Inn till May this past year. The hotel and staff became our home. When we came back for a weekend stay this past week, it felt like coming home again! We have been in many hotels and this one surpasses them all for comfort, cleanliness, great location and the kindest, most accommodating staff anywhere! The complimentary breakfasts every day and dinners four nights a week are varied and delicious. There is a lovely pool area, as well as a comfortable lounge area. My husband and I would never stay anywhere else! Kudos to the staff!

Room Tip: Just state your preferences to the front desk. We were in a very quiet 4th floor room with a great s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Travelers2013,

To start, I’d like to thank you for using trip advisor and for your lovely words. We do our best to accommodate preferences and appreciate that you noticed our efforts to make every stay unforgettable, whether it be one night or almost a year. It felt just as much like coming home to us as it did to you. Words can’t express how nice it was to see you back home with us once again. It was just like you never left. As always I want to thank you for staying with us and always being the bright smiling face we used to see every morning. It’s not just a thank you for being a guest but a thank you for being the person you are. We are not only pleased we were able to make it an experience for you and your family but that you have made it one for us as well. We’re counting down the days until you both are back with us again!

Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mandeville, LA
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed 3 weeks at the Holtsville Residence Inn in September.
First, he front desk staff is friendly and very helpful with any and all requests/needs. They seem genuinely happy to help with any issues you may have. The other staff members are just as friendly and helpful.
Secondly, the rooms are spacious, as you would expect in a suites hotel. My rooms (I had 2 over the course of my stay) had large kitchen areas with microwaves, full-size refrigerators, coffee makers and a cooktop - and they all worked!. Some dishes and cookware are included. There were 2 flat screen HD TVs in the suite with a very good selection of channels. The bed was comfortable and there was a closable door between the bedroom and the rest of the suite. Only negative about the rooms is you can hear everything going on in the hallway (doors could be a little tighter) and some of the traffic noise from the freeway. Wish the windows were more sound-resistant.

There's a Chili's, an On the Border (don't bother), a Subway and an Italian restaurant all within walking distance from the hotel. There's also a 16-theater cinema across the parking lot.

A free breakfast every morning is included. The proteins changes daily but always has cereals (hot and cold), fresh make-it-yourself waffles, pastries and breads. Coffee is pretty good, too.

Monday through Thursday evenings the hotel serves a free light dinner. Not gourmet level food but if you have children, are on a tight budget or don't feel like going out, its pretty good.

There's an indoor pool and spa and an exercise room.

The hotel is only 1 exit away (in either direction) from shopping and other restaurants. The airport is a 15-minute drive away. All-in-all a good place to stay when you're in the area.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the top floor, you won't get the occasional "stomping" noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kduay

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always exciting to hear new responses and feedback. I am glad that you had a great experience with us during your three week stay on Long Island. Our front desk staff was especially joyful and grateful that their service was recognized and commended. We would like to thank you again for your wonderful review, it was our pleasure to host you. I hope you choose us again on your next visit to Long Island. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Queensbury, NY
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My two children and I stayed this past weekend. We were warmly welcomed by Danielle upon check in. We were thrilled with our spotlessly clean room on the fourth floor.

The breakfast was pretty standard but well stocked and included in the room rate.

As we enjoyed breakfast, we observed Freddie, a front desk agent, hard at work. He expertly assisted guests with a warm smile and fabulous attitude. We saw him stocking goodie bags for the team that was staying, running to housekeeping to get towels for guests and helping us with our reservation change among other things.

While I would agree it is not the quietest hotel, the noise we heard was from the parking lot. A car alarm went off at 4 am. This, in my opinion, was not the fault of the hotel, but more a result of late night revelers.

I would definitely stay on my next visit to Long Island.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holtsville Residence Inn. I appreciate your wonderful response and recognition for Danielle and Freddie. They were grateful and happy to hear the compliments they were given, it truly made their day. I am sorry that you experienced some noise issues during your stay. If you do travel back to Holtsville in the future we look forward to hosting you again!

Central Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I needed a place to stay over a month until my condo closing. This extended stay place is the best I have stayed at so far. Rooms, service, food were all acceptable. You would think that for a 40 day stay, you could negotiate a good rate.......right????.............That would be "NO!" $159 per night, none negotiable!! Could have bought a nice car or a boat for that.......oh well, needs must! Everything else about the stay was fine. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Nice location, just off the L.I.E., near MacArthur Airport (LIA), the Long Island Rail road, 1 hour from (LGA) and a bit more to (JFK) lots of shopping, food, attractions nearby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your wonderful response! I am so glad to see your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Our location is conveniently located and I'm glad you took notice and were able to take advantage of the nearby attractions and dining options. I shared your review with the staff and they were happy to hear that they were helpful and accommodating during your extended time with us. If you have any future needs please feel free to let me know! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have been Marriott Rewards members for quite some time and have stayed at Marriotts all over the country. This property, while on the newer side, was quite noisy. We could hear the people above us walking around which didn't make for very restful nights. We also got a wake up call at 6:30 am after arriving very late the night before. We obviously did not request this wake up call and when I complained to the front desk they said they would be happy to "try" to make sure it didn't happen again. Of course, the call woke the kids who couldn't go back to sleep and we were left to enjoy a long awaited visit but only 24 hour visit with family on very little sleep. The rooms were also much smaller than the average Residence Inn. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if you want to get any sleep.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear mbtravel11,

Thank you for your review! I can understand how frustrating it must have been not being able to rest comfortably on different occasions during your stay. We have looked into the wake up call system as well and have worked on correcting the unscheduled wake up call. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can correct the issue and eliminate this happening again in the future. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience throughout your stay and thank you for your feedback. Any suggestions and feedback only help us better serve our future guests. I’m delighted to hear that your suite was clean and comfortable. Please feel free to contact me directly if you plan another stay at our hotel or have any questions or concerns. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member we hope to host you again and give you the perfect Marriott experience!

Jamaica, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was very spacious and clean. But the area locks more recreation its so plain been out there,but overall I would go back.they need to do better with the breakfast the scramble egg smell stinks and taste so horrible,it was a big mess.its ok for people who wants to be away from the world.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mzberry1,

It is great to hear that you were pleased with the layout and cleanliness of our suites. As for the area besides the restaurants and theater in our parking lot Holtsville is a bit on the quieter side, but is not far from great Long Island attractions. When traveling back to Holtsville please email me and I'll be happy to prepare a listing of attractions and dining options in the area for you to visit. I am sorry to hear our breakfast did not meet your expectations we do appreciate the feedback and use it to come up with new ideas to improve our buffet. I am always grateful for any feedback that will help us continue to provide good guest satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us we hope to see you soon!

Long Island NY
Reviewed August 29, 2013

As a Long Islander I don't often need to stay at a hotel on LI, but because I was having all my floors sanded and redone we needed a place to stay that would allow our dogs. We were so impressed with not only the size and cleanliness of the rooms, but also the wonderful staff, food options both in and out of the hotel. They had a nice area where we could walk our dogs and we stayed on the first floor for easy dog walking access. Our dogs loved it. Its so close to everything , Island 16 movie theater is right next door. It was a pleasure to stay there and not have to inconvenience any relatives with us and our pets staying there during the week of our renovations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Catcooks,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your family were comfortable during your stay. It’s pleasing to know that you were impressed with the perfect location of our hotel and our friendly and attentive staff. I shared your review earlier today with the team and they were happy to learn of your great experience. I am glad you had a great stay with us and hope your remodeling was a success. We look forward to hosting you and your family again!

Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville? Share your experiences!