Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn(Medford)
Lakeland Inn(Bohemia)
View Hotel
All reviewsmovie theaterlong islandfront desk stafffull kitchenlarge refrigeratorcomplimentary breakfastsbasketball courthot coffeethe breakfast areabagelsnew yorka great place to stayindoor poolfitness centereasy accessbedroommarissa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were nearly stranded because another hotel was unacceptable. The staff at the residence inn was courteous and beyond accomadating. I will stay no where else other than this hotel when on the island.

• Stayed: July 2012
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holtsville Residence Inn. You captured our hotel perfectly with review about our associates. I have shared this with them and they were so pleased and happy.
We look forward to having you as our guests again. Please feel free to contact me with any reservations needs.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was clean, central location, close to stores, restaurants, beaches, malls, movie theater is in the same parking area. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. But the staff was very very helpful and friendly. I noticed the front desk trying to help someone staying at a nearby hotel was was complaining about their stay at that hotel and how they couldn't bare to stay there any longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BellaFella82

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We agree that our location is perfect for our guests who are traveling for both business and leisure. I'm so happy to hear our associates were going above and beyond for a guest staying at another property. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed from July 17th-26th. First, I want to say that Doug C. from the front desk needs to be placed in the managers program, get a promotion, raise etc. This guy was great! He rescued my son and I from a nightmare Avis car rental (will review separately). He made sure his staff came and retrieved us from the side of a major highway with 5 suitcases in tow. He then followed-up every time I saw him to make sure things were going okay. He even credited my account with 10,000 points for the nightmare that Avis put me through. Over the course of the 9 nights we spent there I heard him interacting with many guests, he's one of the good guys. Marriott, you guys would be foolish not to promote him further in the company. With all that said, we had a great stay. No problems. Breakfast was great everyday. A wide variety of food to fit everyone. Low calorie/healthy alternatives were plenty. Always plenty of seating for us, a little more crowded on the weekend. No one went hungry. We stayed in the one bedroom suite. My 7 yr old son did not want to share the bed, he opted for the pull-out sofa. Neither of us had any complaints about the beds. I was shocked, I usually end up with a backache on a strange bed. I asked for extra pillows and ended up with eight. :) We both had our own TV, so when we were in the hotel long enough it was a nice treat. We only requested room service every other day, and that was at my sons request. We never cooked, kept very limited food in the fridge. My son used the pool a couple of times, clean...no problems. Did laundry once, no problems. I know they allow pets at this hotel, I even saw one large dog behind the front desk. However, I never heard any noise, or smelled anything out of the ordinary.WiFi sketchy the last few days I was there so I hooked into my own network. Will definitely stay next time I visit the Island. Oh, one last thing.........one of the reasons I went on this trip was for my HS reunion. I was all alone that night, and had no one to clasp my dress for me. I wish I knew her name, but some sweet girl the Saturday I was there helped me out. Thanks again Doug. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LiveinFLbywayofNY

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!! To hear that Doug and our other associate made such a great impact during your stay makes my day. Doug along with our other associates takes such pride in their work and making sure they deliver the best to our guests. We all hope you had a great reunion and hope to see you in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year, both visits were for 2 weeks. I was a bit nervous about the pet policy but they seem to control that very well.

This is a typical Residence Inn, newly remodeled. The breakfast becomes a bit bland after a few days but they have a person cooking the food that really tries to make the most out of it. The evening food fare was a bit hit or miss but overall, not bad. Again, they have someone prepare the food in-house.

They do seem to have a bit of a problem with card readers on the external doors. My second stay it seemed that they were working on them every other day.

The staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful. Also, as someone else mentioned, they keep this hotel very clean. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you choose us for your extended stays this year! We pride ourselves in keeping the hotel warm, welcoming and above all clean. I'm happy to report that the external card readers are all up and running. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

As a govenement employee who does quite a bit of business travel, I must say this is by far one of the cleanstest hotels that I have ever stayed in....Everything about this hotel was great !!! ...The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The room was comfortable and roomy...The addition of a pool and jacuzzi also made for some nice leisure time.The complimentary breakfast was tasty as was that needed cup of coffee in the A M. The fact that there is a movie theatre and a few restaurants within walking distance is also a +++.....This hotel makes a good base for venturing to the outlets, wineries and shore points...All within easy driving distance....Once again, an all around great place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Be advised that this hotel is located near a major highway and if you are not familiar with the area, getting back to the hotel can be a little tricky. So check with the front desk (who are super helpful) before you venture out concerning road access....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us at the Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott. We are proud to deliver such great service and most importantly a clean and comfortable room. We look forward to having you again in the future. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly.