“Clean, central location”

Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was clean, central location, close to stores, restaurants, beaches, malls, movie theater is in the same parking area. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. But the staff was very very helpful and friendly. I noticed the front desk trying to help someone staying at a nearby hotel was was complaining about their stay at that hotel and how they couldn't bare to stay there any longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We agree that our location is perfect for our guests who are traveling for both business and leisure. I'm so happy to hear our associates were going above and beyond for a guest staying at another property. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed from July 17th-26th. First, I want to say that Doug C. from the front desk needs to be placed in the managers program, get a promotion, raise etc. This guy was great! He rescued my son and I from a nightmare Avis car rental (will review separately). He made sure his staff came and retrieved us from the side of a major highway with 5 suitcases in tow. He then followed-up every time I saw him to make sure things were going okay. He even credited my account with 10,000 points for the nightmare that Avis put me through. Over the course of the 9 nights we spent there I heard him interacting with many guests, he's one of the good guys. Marriott, you guys would be foolish not to promote him further in the company. With all that said, we had a great stay. No problems. Breakfast was great everyday. A wide variety of food to fit everyone. Low calorie/healthy alternatives were plenty. Always plenty of seating for us, a little more crowded on the weekend. No one went hungry. We stayed in the one bedroom suite. My 7 yr old son did not want to share the bed, he opted for the pull-out sofa. Neither of us had any complaints about the beds. I was shocked, I usually end up with a backache on a strange bed. I asked for extra pillows and ended up with eight. :) We both had our own TV, so when we were in the hotel long enough it was a nice treat. We only requested room service every other day, and that was at my sons request. We never cooked, kept very limited food in the fridge. My son used the pool a couple of times, clean...no problems. Did laundry once, no problems. I know they allow pets at this hotel, I even saw one large dog behind the front desk. However, I never heard any noise, or smelled anything out of the ordinary.WiFi sketchy the last few days I was there so I hooked into my own network. Will definitely stay next time I visit the Island. Oh, one last thing.........one of the reasons I went on this trip was for my HS reunion. I was all alone that night, and had no one to clasp my dress for me. I wish I knew her name, but some sweet girl the Saturday I was there helped me out. Thanks again Doug. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LiveinFLbywayofNY

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!! To hear that Doug and our other associate made such a great impact during your stay makes my day. Doug along with our other associates takes such pride in their work and making sure they deliver the best to our guests. We all hope you had a great reunion and hope to see you in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year, both visits were for 2 weeks. I was a bit nervous about the pet policy but they seem to control that very well.

This is a typical Residence Inn, newly remodeled. The breakfast becomes a bit bland after a few days but they have a person cooking the food that really tries to make the most out of it. The evening food fare was a bit hit or miss but overall, not bad. Again, they have someone prepare the food in-house.

They do seem to have a bit of a problem with card readers on the external doors. My second stay it seemed that they were working on them every other day.

The staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful. Also, as someone else mentioned, they keep this hotel very clean. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you choose us for your extended stays this year! We pride ourselves in keeping the hotel warm, welcoming and above all clean. I'm happy to report that the external card readers are all up and running. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

As a govenement employee who does quite a bit of business travel, I must say this is by far one of the cleanstest hotels that I have ever stayed in....Everything about this hotel was great !!! ...The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The room was comfortable and roomy...The addition of a pool and jacuzzi also made for some nice leisure time.The complimentary breakfast was tasty as was that needed cup of coffee in the A M. The fact that there is a movie theatre and a few restaurants within walking distance is also a +++.....This hotel makes a good base for venturing to the outlets, wineries and shore points...All within easy driving distance....Once again, an all around great place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Be advised that this hotel is located near a major highway and if you are not familiar with the area...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us at the Holtsville Residence Inn by Marriott. We are proud to deliver such great service and most importantly a clean and comfortable room. We look forward to having you again in the future. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We spent 11 nights at this Residence Inn. This is 2nd time staying here.

This Inn is centrally located on long Island not far from 495, 97. This Inn comes with free parking and a nice area to walk the dogs. A Subway restaurant will be located next door in a few weeks, A Chili's is down the road and a huge movie theater is right across the road.
This Inn may seem to be in a busy neighborhood but it is quite quiet. The rooms are well made and except for a door being shut by a teenager their is rarely any noise shared between rooms.

Our room was a queen suite with a large refrigerator, a 2 burner electric stove, microwave/convection oven, dishwasher and coffee pot. A comfortable desk for paperwork WIFI with excellent connections.

There is maid service daily but we didn't use it but twice.
The gate house/lobby provides breakfast daily, and a simple dinner Monday thru Friday. Fresh homemade cookies, hot fresh coffee flowing daily

On this visit we stayed with our 2 small dogs. They do have a $100 non-refundable service charge for dogs. This may seem high but its really closer to the cheaper side of pet fees. This fee stays the same if you stay a week or 3 years.
On way here from AZ we paid $30/night/dog and one place we stopped at want $50/night/dog. Other residence Inn like this one charge as much as $175NR charge for pets

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank donnersr

Dear Guest,

Not many people, or places truly understand that a pet is a part of your family and is just as much of a guest as you are when traveling. We are happy to be a pet friendly establishment and appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear that your entire family was able to feel at home during your long term stay. We look forward to having you back again. We will have the treats waiting - both the fresh homemade cookies and the dog biscuits!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Checking in was fast and friendly. We asked to be put in a quiet area, and they gave us a suite that was perfect. They seem to have good soundproof walls, because even when doors slammed shut it was not disturbing even at night.
Rooms were spotless and the kitchen had all the essentials.The fridge is very big and all appliances were super clean. Breakfast was tasty with several choices, but I wish they did not have the same thing 5 mornings straight.Good Coffee all day was great.The beds were so comfortable it was hard getting up in the morning! Each bed had 4 Pillows. Two soft and two not so soft. Which is nice , you had a choice.
We are going to stay at a Residence Inn from now on when we travel if they have one in the area. When you have to be away from home it is comforting to know what you can expect.
Congrats Staff! You were all so nice.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to tell the person at the front desk if you have special needs .ie. quiet area.N...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ursula12345
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I'm so happy to hear you had such a nice experience with us! Our newly renovated rooms have been a big hit amongst our guests, especially the new mattresses. To know that you will choose Residence Inn by Marriott as you preferred hotel in the future after your stay with us is wonderful!
We hope to see you again soon.

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any help with future reservations.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The staff is terrific! The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was free and delicious with lots of options and free coffee all day! Pool was warm, the spa was hot and both were sparkling clean. All this and free parking...what else could you want from a hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator is you don't want to walk down the long hallways.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
lauren k, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so happy to hear how great your stay was and that our associates were terrific!
We look forward to having as our guest again in the future.

Email: holtsvillegm@ih-corp.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville? Share your experiences!