“delicious and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Capannina
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Holtsville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: True italian experience. Lunch,brunch,dinner,catering
“delicious and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

A great Italian pizza restaurant. Conveniently located close to LIE 495 - especially if you are going out east and want a bite or going home and want to stop. The best are their garlic bread sticks complimentary. Their service is excellent.

Good for all.

• Visited November 2013

Medford, New York, USA
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I probably come here at least twice a week during my lunch break at work. They get a lot of customers from local businesses so the pizza is always fresh out of the oven. Sometimes you have to wait 5 min for a pie to come out, but I'm not going to complain about fresh pizza. Staff is very friendly and nice, atmosphere is great. Perfect place for a nice, quick, relaxing lunch. Definitely try their margherita pizza, it's the best!

Visited October 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“good take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We got delivery/take out from La Capnnina. They only deliver to the Marriott Residence Inn, which is where we were staying. The pizza was very good. The service was excellent and punctual. I would definitely order from them again.

• Visited September 2013
Center Moriches, New York
“Good Pizza, good service but loud and cramped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We took our son and his girlfriend for pizza here after a movie at Island 16. If you've read any of my previous reviews, you know I'm a pizza snob. Growing up in Brooklyn, and having lived in New Haven (which is famous for brick oven pizza) and eaten pizza in Chicago and Italy, I feel qualified to judge. Dominos or Papa Johns have NEVER passed through these teeth. Although when I lived briefly in Kentucky, I did eat Pizza Hut in desperation. Owners of pizza joints throughout the world hide in corners and roll up in fetal positions when they see me coming.

I called ahead and the man who answered the phone was very nice. Our table was waiting for us and we were greeted promptly by a very nice waitress. We were brought a lovely basket of warm bread and focaccia strips. We decided to go simple with a sicilian pie and a garden salad.

Salad was very good. The small was enough for two to share. Ingredients were fresh as was the dressing. Waiting for our pizza to arrive, I noticed most folks around us were eating pasta. I loved the aromas wafting from the plates. Nice overtones of garlic, tomato sauce and cheese. For me, the aromas of a restaurant can make or break the experience.

The pizza (or as we say "the pie") arrived and was set on a separate stand as the table was rather small. It was steaming hot out of the oven, which is the first hurdle. I take in the aroma, and check the integrity of the crust. It MUST be crisp and hold up to the toppings. Soggy, sagging pizza gets instantly rejected. So far, so good. It's a corner slice, nicely browned and stands straight when held up. Level two passed. The ratio of cheese, sauce and dough were perfect.

I raise it to my lips and take the first bite. Good sauce. A crispy pizza with sub par sauce is as good as dirt to me. The flavors were balanced and there was a good crunch when biting in. I give the all clear for everyone to dig in. The pie was really big and the slices were huge. One was way too much for me to finish. For me, no meal is complete without dessert. We opted to share a slice of the decadent chocolate cake. It was well worth the carbs and calories. Smooth, rich chocolate mousse layered with delicate chocolate cake. Not too sweet. Just right.

Now for the ambiance. It's a cute idea with lights strung across the room like an italian courtyard. Tables are small. Too small for 4 people to comfortably have dinner on. They are so close together that my son had to get up to let me by when I needed to use the rest room. The table next to us was so close they almost knocked over the tray with our pizza on it several times. Plus the noise level was so loud we couldn't have a group conversation. I literally had to talk into my husbands ear to have a conversation. Not a place to sit and have a relaxing dinner. More of an eat and get out kind of place. I'd definitely go again, but would most likely would go for lunch or on an off hour.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
usa
“a must for gluten free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

it may be a pizzeria and italian restaurant but, they are great when it comes to gluten free! they are very careful to make your dish seperate and gluten free. they are pretty knowledgable on their ingredients and what is gluten free and what a gluten free person can and cant have. i feel confident that i will not have an allergic reaction here from the gluten.
take my word for it the grilled chicken is great, the veggies are good too and if you want pasta they have corn pasta and they have a decent salad,. they even make a gluten free salmon dish. their sausage is good too. i cant have yeast, but, for those that have no problem with yeast, they have gluten free pizzas too. prices are decent, portions good, everything tastes pretty good.
just good to know they are so cautious and close to home for us gluten free people, try it! just be careful when you first sit down, they automatically bring bread to the table, but, are understanding when you say no bread, they dont make any gluten free bread or serve any. that would be a good plus!

• Visited August 2013