“Italian Night is Great”

Cuisines: American
Trenton, Canada
“Italian Night is Great”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The buffet offers great selection of salads. Roast Beef is succulent and the made by request italian is to die for. Nice selection of sugar free desserts and they make a fabulous bread pudding. A must try for the price - Monday and Wednesday are half price for seniors and you can't beat that.

Visited May 2014

Canada
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we went into the buffet I was surprised how small is was - if you want crabs legs you pay extra, the room with the food in needs a better layout too when its busy impossible to move around. Variety was basic plain food nothing special. I expected allot better.

• Visited April 2014
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
“Could've eat more”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

The staff was nice, and it was not too over price, 20$/head on a saturday night. The salad bar was nice, the veggies were fresh, and we had a good choice of it. Everything I ate was good, jumbo shrimps were good, the prime rib was excellent (had 2 big slices), the ribs were a bit dry, but good, I also had a bit of salmon, which was overcooked, but savoury, they have a section of sugar free deserts and some fat free frozen yogurt. My girlfriend told me the turkey was excellent. There's more, but I couldn't eat anymore, they have pizza, pastas, fried chicken, everything a great buffet has.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mathieu H
Lake Placid, New York
“Went for lunch”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went for lunch and it was okay. The desserts were a disappointment, nothing was homemade. Ravioli was good. Typical buffet food. I heard after that the beef is good at dinner, so next time we'll d that. Prime rib I think? Overall not a bad experience. Wait staff was nice.

• Visited January 2014
Ottawa Canada
“was just ok”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It has been a year since my visit there, so maybe things have changed, or maybe not according to some recent reviews. Anyway, here is my opinion.

I was in the area for two days, and based on a friend's recommendation, tried to go to the lunch buffet on a Tuesday, but the line up was huge and was not moving, so I ventured elsewhere. Next day, Wednesday tried again, this time I went at 11.30am thinking that earlier would be better, and yes it was better lineup wise; no lineup whatsoever, so I breezed in there, and for 9.99, was among the first to get at the so called and recommended lunch buffet.

It was not horrible, but there were some disappointments. As others have said, the salad bar is excellent, but that is really not hard to do. The disappointments were, among the hot foods offered, the ribs looked great, but were nearly impossible to separate from the bone, very tough, but the sauce was great, and if you were to satisfy with licking off the sauce no problem, but the meat did not come off the bone without a great deal of work. The scalloped potatoes;.. and this at 11.30 or 11.40 am or so, they were congealed, meaning that the top of them was not melted but looking very gluey. A serving spoon, perhaps by the person ahead of me, was standing straight up in the center of it. I took a spoonful, but later as I ate discovered it to be very cold.

Other things were not bad. I forget what the fish was,but it was ok, and the salad bar as I sad before was very good. For 9.99 it is a fair deal, but nothing I would recommend to anyone. Just a reasonable meal for the price. Also, as some others have said, the desserts are not special, lots of choice, and surely you can find one thing that is good, for me it was lemon meringue pie, and lots more choices, but just very ordinary and nothing to write home about.

Sorry, but my buddies said the buffet is excellent, and we will have to agree to disagree.

for me, it is decent value for the price, plenty to find for a satisfying meal, but nothing very special to recommend.

• Visited January 2013