“Native Harvest”

Native Harvest Buffet
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Hogansburg
Cuisines: Italian, Chinese, American, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arnprior, Canada
“Native Harvest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very good selection of food. Not too big and deserts looked like they were homemade. They also had a Asian and Italian section of the Buffet.

Visited August 2013

Vero Beach, Florida
“A Good Bang for Your Buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although I can understand "ToPoortoCare"s review as he had a more experienced view of casino buffets, I think for the target audience, this buffet is pretty good. I would give it 3.5 stars as my true review. I will admit some times the buffet is better than others depending on who is running the show. We went on Senior Day, a Wed. evening, so the buffet was 1/2 price. For $8.98, which includes a drink, you can't cook for this price. I have eaten at this casino buffet over the years for both lunch and dinner and find it a really good bang for your buck. Overall the food will be salty and high in carbs, so you need to pick and choose wisely so you have room for a fabulous dessert (or two). There is always a steamed fish entree, cold shrimp, roast turkey, plus prime rib, pork tenderloin and chicken. Selections rotate so not always the same every single time you go. The salad bar is quite extensive and fresh. There is also fresh fruit. I usually find a great Italian sauteed veggie item at the Italian food section, plus another veggie in the main, entree area. At the Chinese food section, there are fixings for a stir fry made to order. There is always mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, plus some pasta choices. The desserts are very nice with soft ice cream, a version of strawberry shortcake, puddings and apple crisp, various pies and cakes, and on this particular visit, we had a creme brulee. Was it the best? No, but a very decent version. There are some sugar free desserts too. I will agree that on certain days servers can be hard to find when you want a refill on your drink. Overall they all try hard to please. And with all the eating going on, they are pretty good at clearing the dirty dishes and keeping the large dining room neat. Atmosphere is upscale cafeteria and can be loud when full. If you want a more upscale dining experience, the Maple Room Steakhouse is a nice choice within the same casino. When paying full price for the buffet, you will not spend that much more at the steakhouse to have a quality, sit down dinner.

• Visited June 2013
New York
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wait staff was very attentive and there was ample food choices. The dining area was very clean. Will eat here again.

Visited June 2013
Richmond
“Too much good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We visit the buffet at least twice a year. It had been awhile since our last visit adn the food was great as usual. As a matter of fact, there was simply too much good food. I really had to put the brakes on as it could be unhealthy. The key is control. My wife has it, I need to work a bit on it. Too much great food.

• Visited June 2013
Narrowsburg, NY
“Was this the same buffet the other reviewers tried?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Maybe my wife and I just went on a bad night (May 26th). The six other reviewers all listed this buffet as very good or excellent while my experience was only average. We tried this buffet on Saturday which is their shrimp and prime rib night for $19.99 per person. The shrimp were a nice size and were shelled and cleaned however they were sitting in a pool of murky water. I could only figure that they were on ice but no one ever bothered to drain the bowl and add fresh ice. As a result the shrimp were limp and mealy and tasted a bit off. After eating the first one, I didn’t want to chance eating any more. The prime rib was way overcooked and salty and the au jus was also very salty. What a shame because it looked like a great cut of beef. My wife likes her prime rib cooked medium so this wasn’t an issue for her and she also liked the mac & cheese. I placed my still full prime rib and shrimp dish aside and went back up to see their other offerings. The tortellini was overdone and mushy and the sauce tasted like it was just tomato paste and water with some garlic. The battered fish was greasy & cold as was the fried chicken. The oriental station tasted like reheated leftovers. The carved turkey was dry. It was 2 hours before they were set to close for the evening but there were quite a few trays that only had one or two scoops of food left in them. Although the staff seemed busy it didn’t look like anyone was assigned to replenish and keep the stations fresh looking. I am not a dessert person so I didn’t try any of their offerings but they did look nice and tempting. I picked at a bit of everything to fill up but really didn’t enjoy my meal. I was hoping to get a refill of my soda to wash down the meal but the drink server disappeared after she brought the first one. I didn’t feel that this buffet was on par with some of the other casino buffets in Atlantic City, Vegas, Connecticut or Pennsylvania that I have tried and I will not try the Native Harvest Buffet again.

• Visited May 2013