“Too much good stuff”

Cuisines: American
Richmond
“Too much good stuff”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We visit the buffet at least twice a year. It had been awhile since our last visit adn the food was great as usual. As a matter of fact, there was simply too much good food. I really had to put the brakes on as it could be unhealthy. The key is control. My wife has it, I need to work a bit on it. Too much great food.

• Visited June 2013

Narrowsburg, NY
“Was this the same buffet the other reviewers tried?”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Maybe my wife and I just went on a bad night (May 26th). The six other reviewers all listed this buffet as very good or excellent while my experience was only average. We tried this buffet on Saturday which is their shrimp and prime rib night for $19.99 per person. The shrimp were a nice size and were shelled and cleaned however they were sitting in a pool of murky water. I could only figure that they were on ice but no one ever bothered to drain the bowl and add fresh ice. As a result the shrimp were limp and mealy and tasted a bit off. After eating the first one, I didn’t want to chance eating any more. The prime rib was way overcooked and salty and the au jus was also very salty. What a shame because it looked like a great cut of beef. My wife likes her prime rib cooked medium so this wasn’t an issue for her and she also liked the mac & cheese. I placed my still full prime rib and shrimp dish aside and went back up to see their other offerings. The tortellini was overdone and mushy and the sauce tasted like it was just tomato paste and water with some garlic. The battered fish was greasy & cold as was the fried chicken. The oriental station tasted like reheated leftovers. The carved turkey was dry. It was 2 hours before they were set to close for the evening but there were quite a few trays that only had one or two scoops of food left in them. Although the staff seemed busy it didn’t look like anyone was assigned to replenish and keep the stations fresh looking. I am not a dessert person so I didn’t try any of their offerings but they did look nice and tempting. I picked at a bit of everything to fill up but really didn’t enjoy my meal. I was hoping to get a refill of my soda to wash down the meal but the drink server disappeared after she brought the first one. I didn’t feel that this buffet was on par with some of the other casino buffets in Atlantic City, Vegas, Connecticut or Pennsylvania that I have tried and I will not try the Native Harvest Buffet again.

• Visited May 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Great food on weekends”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

They only serve breakfast on the weekend??? We went for the buffet on a Monday morning @ 10:30 am and all they had in this huge buffet was supper food! Potatoes, gravy, turkey, chinese, pizza, fried chicken?? We had went the previous morning (Sunday) and had a delicious breakfast!

Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Excellent Buffet”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Native Harvest Buffet is probably one of the nicest buffet's that we have been to over the years. The wait staff and register staff are excellent and very friendly. There is definitely lots of choice and selections from soups, chili, salad's, seafood, main dishes and always prime rib or roast and another main meat. The dessert section is loaded with selections. We have eaten there numerous times and have yet to be disappointed. They do an excellent job with the food selection and variation. I have found the last couple of times that we have been there seems to be more seafood selections, and even though I don't eat any seafood, I have certainly found enough to eat. They did not have the fried chicken last time and I was very disappointed - it is excellent!!

• Visited April 2013
Saint Albans, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome !!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was great ! People were there to make sure you enjoy your food and was never a wish or want...thank you

Visited April 2013