“drinking and gambling” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akwesasne Mohawk Casino

Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort is owned by the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe of Akwesasne, NY. The Casino Resort property includes 130,000 square feet of gaming with more than 1,800 of the newest slot and video poker titles, a large selection of table games which includes a High Limit Salon, and the 540 seat Mohawk Bingo Palace. AMCR offers a variety of entertainment with Live DJ's in Cascades Lounge and Sticks Sports Bar & Grill features 16 high definition TVs and 12 specialty craft beers on tap. There are four dining restaurants which include the contemporary Native Harvest Buffet, the award-winning Maple Room Steakhouse, and Rapids Food Court. In addition, AMCR offers a 150-room hotel which features convention and meeting space, the relaxing Sweetgrass Spa, and an indoor pool. AMCR is the premier resort destination in New York's North Country.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“drinking and gambling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

my friend and i went yesterday(columbus day) and after a couple of appreciated cheap beers at the gaming tables they decided we were intoxicated since we were the only ones having fun,that is to say,being expressive when dealt a very good hand,rejoicing and feeling great on our day off,contrary to just seeing the cards and the chip stacks go down without showing any feelings. after articulating well my thoughts and explaining we were bothering nobody,doing nothing wrong,not acting like we were drunk and being respectful in general,they said the decision had been taken and couldn't be reversed,and that we coulod continue to gamble(loose our money)but not be responsabilly and respectfully loud and not drink either,that is to say,loose whatever you have in your pockets our way,so to speak, so we decided to leave and,surprise!,the police coincidentially was there for the first time in 10 years we go there,to tell me to step out and do some sobriety tests which i passed in 2 minutes(lift one leg and bout,follow my finger with your eyes,recite the abc,etc.,but we were out there for an hour before returning to montreal.upside,the police were courteous,downside next time we go there we will have to go there gamble and not have fun,shame on them,mistreated us and told us on without any reason,very very pathetic and frustrating,they need to step up the client's care big time.peace.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank reidel s

Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Great Casino and a Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have a PO Box in Hogansburg and therefore have the opportunity to visit the Casino often. I am not a gambler by nature and will play a few machines now and then but within a set budget. I often win. However, the Maple Room Steak House in the Casino is excellent. It surpassed my expectations for a restaurant in this local area. I suggest reservations and always check when they are open (only at nights).
The buffet was recently renovated and that resulted in a great place to eat with a wonderful selection of foods from seafood, Chinese to sugar free deserts.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Peter S
Saratoga Springs, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Avoid the buffet!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Buffet was horrible, They served prime rib with instant mashed potatoes, and uncleaned shrimp. Mediocre offerings for a premium price, but the waitstaff was friendly.

2 Thank heather525
Richmond
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Casino in Hogansburg is a fun time if you are looking for something different in "very" upstate NY. The "games" are enjoyable and you can win. Staff is courteous and helpful and there are several very fine eating establishment on the property. They are currently expanding with a new integral Hotel and this should be finished in 2013.

Ottawa Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“just too much smoke everywhere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was my second visit to this casino, and while it was entertaining, and the slots were paying out enough to keep me playing, I was bothered immensely by the cigarette smoke. I only wish that they would have a real dedicated non smoking section. There are some areas, but they are not separate from the smoking area, so you always smell cigarette smoke, and your clothes stink when you leave. Sorry, nothing against smokers, you have the right, and it is up to me to leave or stay, but just saying that this is one reason, that I dont particularly enjoy gambling here.

On the Wednesday, you could not get near the buffet restaurant there was a line of about 100 people waiting to get in! I went to Sticks instead, and they have a good menu, with decent prices. Next day I saw that the buffet was not lined up at all, so decided to try it. For 9.95, I guess it was just ok. Fried chicken ala kfc, and ribs, scalloped potatoes were rock hard, could not even get the spoon out of the dish, and top looked congealed. There a few decent asian selections offered, as well as shrimp, and a salad bar. Quite a few desserts. I probably would not eat there again, but would definitely go back to Sticks.

All in all, only a 3 out of 5 for this place. They are expanding with what looks to be a new adjoining hotel. I might not sure I will come back again though.