“A great find!”

JD's Resturant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Hinsdale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and happened upon this place by accident, but were pleasantly surprised. The decor was okay,didn't expect much. I got the beef brisket sandwich my husband got the pulled pork. They came with slaw which was rather bland,dry and boring, but everything else was excellent. Bought a bottle of sauce. The pecan pie was good but rather pricey compared to the rest of the items.($5}. Overall very good.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Arrived later in the evening, so it was clear the staff wanted us in and out. Waited for over 20 minutes for drinks, then even longer for our meals, and had to ask for my missing dinner roll, as our waitress was "chewing the fat" with locals she clearly knew at other tables. Ate most of our meal with a full, filthy mop and bucket next to our booth. Food was OK, choice of sauces was nice, but not worth the hype it gives itself on local radio.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stopped here couple times and everytime the food was excellent, service impeccable. I highly recommend buying their sauces once you try them out. They sell them in the restaurant. If you are traveling in I86 near hinsdale,ny , it is 5min north of the exist. You must stop by, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed January 7, 2013

While traveling thru NY on Route 16 the big sign caught our attention for BBQ ribs. The outside building didn't look like much more than an old tired bar. Inside the decor caught us by surprise. Bright, light, with booths and tables it looked like new wallpaper and farm style accents were the theme. A pleasant waitress greeted us immediately and seated us with menus. Besides the standard diner fare choices of sandwiches, starters, soups and burgers,we saw on the chalkboard listed the Saturday Night Date special of smoked surf & turf. A strip steak and lobster tail both smoked and grilled. Hmmm, unusual considering our first impression of this roadside diner. Instead we opted for the listing of hot pork BBQ sandwich and a half rack of pork BBQ ribs. Side dishes were boring choices of fries, cole slaw, applesauce, potato or mac salad, etc. The bread basket yielded warm corn bread with butter! Score one! Our waitress was efficient and appropriately dressed: hair pulled back, clean nails and black uniform. Believe me this is a big plus when I plan on eating what a server has been handling. Score two! Now for the food. The wait was short for our plates and soft drinks. My DC's sandwich was large but the pulled meat was dry. Where was the sauce? We found four bottles on the table with assorted levels of heat for personal choice. My half rack of ribs was large and meaty. Too bad they weren't tender and falling off the bone as I expected. Again, no sauce or glaze. It was up to me to add that from the bottles. The waitress supplied a basket for discarded bones and a pile of moisten towellettes for our hands then offered refills on our drinks. Score three! After inquiring why the meats were 'dry' the waitress checked with the cook. When she came back her explanation was the kitchen was attempting a new style of smoking the meats and the cook apologized for not meeting our expectations. The tab was less than $30 for our dinner and the servings were large. We hope to stop again when traveling the area to see if the 'old-fashion' style of tender, juicy, smokin' BBQ is back on the menu. There is a sports bar area with a side entrance offering weekend entertainment. Don't let the outside looks deter you from trying this place.