“Beauitfull Place--------Our Last Visit”
Review of Rainbow Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Himrod
Rainbow Cove Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Himrod
Roxbury, New York
“Beauitfull Place--------Our Last Visit”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Jeff and Helen are great host.............we meet wih many of our friends that we met over the years, and enjoy there company, over a glass of wine, or at the bondfires that Jeff makes for us at night.......The staff is friendly, and caring, the pool is delightful on a summer day, and just enjoying the view from our rooms, or from the dock relaxing with a cup of coffee.......We are sad as this summer we were able to visit 4 times, and our last year for going to Rainbow Cove, as they have put in a NO PET POLICY..........Our Abby is sad, but as the saying goes all good things have to come to an end.......so for those that will follow us, enjoy, relax, and enjoy winnery in the area, for there are many, in the beautiful Finger Lakes of New York State............

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moscow
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Location of this place is great, right on the shore of the lake. Calm and relaxing surroundings. Probably very busy at high season. Warm attitude of the oweners. Rooms are big. Bathroom is just OK. Beds seemed to be too soft. No coffeemaker, no fridge. Breakfast at extra pay was rich but not tasty. All food soaked with light butter/margarine.
Ok to stay for a night or two while traveling around, but we wouldn't spend the vacation there. No reservations on internet, only phonecalls.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I reserved a room at Rainbow Cove because it was right on the lake, and I wanted my young nephew to be able to fish. Yes, it is a beautiful setting, but that's the only thing going for it! I'm originally from Seneca Lake and any place on the lake is going to be beautiful, so you should keep on searching for another place because this one is far from "resort" ... more like a flophouse!

The rooms are furnished in old, outdated, torn, scarred furniture, probably not updated since the '60s. The carpet in the room was filthy. The carpet in the stairwell was worm and dirty, with cobwebs and leaves littering the stairway. The one positive thing I can say about the room was that the bathroom appeared to be clean.

The restaurant had a bad odor and certainly turned me off. I would have never eaten there. I have travelled throughout the US, Europe and Hawaii and usually stay in moderately priced hotels like Staybridge Suites, Comfort Inns, etc. I am a reasonable person and expect to get what I pay for. I wouldn't recommend staying here even if it was FREE!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank seasonedtraveler1944
Wilkes-barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I can honestly say that I have wanted to write this several times after return trips from Rainbow Cove. I have held back mainly for selfish reasons... because I know the more people who visit this wonderful place will only make it more difficult to be able to get a room, unless I book it a year in advance. I really do hope everyone doesn't find out about this place! However, I feel I have to share this place because we have had such wonderful times there! Jeff & Helen the owners are such nice people who not only own the place but also manage and operate Rainbow Cove. I've traveled quite extensively throughout the United States since I was a kid and all I can say this is place is one of those "Gems" that remind you of the motels of the 60's & early 70's, those little Ma & Pa operated motor inns that scattered the country years ago. For those who are looking for luxury hotel suite...Rainbow Cove is not for you! This is not a national hotel chain, therefore they don't have all the amenities that 4-5 star resorts have. For those who are looking for a clean and unpretentious place with a down home feel to it this is the place for you... Rainbow Cove has an absolutely beautiful lakefront view... They lite bonfires every night right on the lake for the guests. They do have a game building with shuffleboard, pool tables, etc.. They also have a pool that seems to be sunny most of the day, although we really haven't had the opportunity to use it as we were most likely touring the wineries in the area during the day. The restaurant is very good, home cooked type meals... nothing gourmet, yet not gourmet prices either... very reasonable and you may BYOB. I have recommended this place to friends and everyone has said the same thing to me " They hoped everyone doesn't find out about this place".

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank paultotravel
Evans falls, PA
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a nice reaxing place to stay for a night and, our friend's referred us to Rainbow Cove. They were right on when they said this place was a hidden gem on Seneca Lake. The staff was very pleasant and willing to please. The facility is older but well maintained and the rooms are small but just perfect for 2 people. We even got to see a larger room that will accommodate 4 people in case we want to bring the kids, which by the way they even have a kids menu and game room. With all the beauty surrounding the grounds you will not want to spend much time in the room. The room was sparkling clean and newly renovated. The restaurant on the premices was also very clean and even though we only had breakfast, the food was great and was less than $10 for 2 people. There is a lunch and dinner menu also. There is a really nice inground pool for use and, the best part is the huge wooden deck right on the lake. There are lawn chairs and gliding swings ready for you to use to relax and enjoy the beautiful lake view.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Webster, NY
Reviewed June 8, 2010

If you want serenity and beauty at a great price, this is the place. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. The property is really beautiful and peaceful. This is a very nice motel. It's not the ritz and doesn't claim to be, it's beauty on the water. I gave sleep quality only 3 stars as the beds were firm and the pillows not too cushy either and so I didn't sleep well cause of that. They did give me a different pillow, but the bed was still firm. The room is small and very basic, but if you want to be on the water, this is the place. The pool is very nice and very clean! The food at the restaurant is very good and a great value for the money. I highly recommend the pumpkin bread sundae! We liked it so much we're taking our kids back next month for some family fun.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2010

What a neat motel to stay if you want peace and quiet. The motel is right on Seneca Lake. The rooms are small, but clean. There is also a restaurant with the motel. Very good food. If your looking for an out of the way place, this motel is for you. I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himrod
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Savannah House Inn

Been to Rainbow Cove Motel? Share your experiences!