“Incredible views”
Review of Miles Wine Cellars

Miles Wine Cellars
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Himrod
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the path less travelled, feel "Miles Away". Let willows welcome you at this water's edge mansion. Enjoy estate wines, craft beers, vintage cafes and our elegant inn. Visit by boat for a truly unforgettable experience. See for yourself why National Geographic Travel calls Miles, "The most serenely gorgeous setting of any winery in the region."
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The best is yet to come. This winery is right on the lake and they are building a wine tasting dock that will be ready sometime during the next month. Small assortment of wines but good. Staff friendly with lots of information and a ghost story! Great visit

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon at this lovely Seneca lake winery. Great vino, live music, wonderful hosts and great views and gardens. The cafe has nice food, although not a huge selection, the best thing is that you can take your food (and wine!) to the gardens and sit with a view of the lake. I noticed you can arrive by boat too.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I made reservations for my group of 14 and pre-paid the tasting fee via credit card. Upon arrival, we were given a tasting of three of their lower quality wines, a cab franc and two beers. None of us were impressed. If we had wanted to try beer, we would have visited the local breweries, not a winery.

In the past when I've brought groups, they poured a variety of wines of various quality and price ranges (they do produce some excellent wines), but that didn't happen this visit. I and my group were disappointed to say the least. I will not be bringing groups to visit this winery again.

Miles W, Owner at Miles Wine Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

I am the owner of Miles Wine Cellars, as the well as the person that booked your group, which was a pre payment of 10 people at $6 each. I didn't charge for the other 4 when you arrived because they were either not tasting, doing partial tastings or sharing tastings. I also poured your tasting for you, which is why I was surprised to see your bad review. Beer is included in our group tastings now because it has been so requested by our customers and is clearly stated when you call in to book. That being said, I would have been more than happy to switch things around for you had you only asked. The 4 wines that we poured are our top sellers and most requested. They range in price from $19.95 to $8.95. Again, I would have been more than happy to switch them out for something else, had you or anyone in your group asked. Your tasting that day also include a tasting of our wine slushie, a complimentary wine glass and a free cheese tasting by the owner of a local cheese company. I truly fee that it was a good value. If you change your mind and decide to return to Miles, and I sincerely hope you do, just please be sure ask about the wine and beer selection when you call. We are always happy to accommodate. You need only ask.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Horrible experience. I will never add them on my wine tour again. They request you pre pay for a party of 10 or more. I pre paid for the tour and had last minute cancellations. They would not refund me for the people who cancelled ($60) so I ask for a bottle of wine instead of a refund ($15). They still refused after she said she asked the manager. I was surprised and asked to speak to the manager myself. She tells me he just left. To me this means she never asked. If I would have showed up with that many people anyway, they wouldn't have turned me away, They still would have served us.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Miles Winery is located on Seneca Lake and even has a dock so you may arrive by boat or down a dead end dirt road past luscious vineyards. The winery itself looks like an old funeral home, but it's actually a "haunted" mansion. The staff is anxious to tell you about the "ghosts" that frequent the winery and inn, and about the wine named "Ghost." You get to keep the glass after paying a few dollars to sample some wines. There's a small gift shop, but nothing else is remarkable. The wine tasting experience could definitely be better, but the novelty of the haunted history and beautiful view of Seneca Lake makes up for this.

2  Thank Lancaster27