“An overnight stay for Tanglewood Concert”
Review of Inn at Green River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsdale
Inn at Green River
Ranked #1 of 6 Hillsdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I spent an overnight stay at The Inn at Green River and we thoroughly enjoyed at. We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly handshake by the owner, Deborah Brown. She immediately made us feel welcomed and special. She escorted us to our room, the Van Deusen, and showed us where are of the ammentities were and how to work the double headed shower. Before we left to head to a concert at Tanglewood (about a 20 minute drive), she gave us a map and directions to the parking lot. We had a wonderful nights sleep in this quiet oasis in a very comfortable bed. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast that was very filling but not heavy. We had scones that are to die for and pear pancakes. My wife has all ready watched the video on how to make them and has order the pancake mix. We had a delightful time and I hope that we will get the chance to stay with Deborah agian!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Van Deusen and realy enjoyed it. It face the back of the house so it is very quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thanks, Jeff -

So glad you both enjoyed your weekend here, and thanks for posting some of your wonderful photos. Hope to see you again soon....jazz at Tanglewood over Labor Day weekend perhaps!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my first time staying at a B&B and I can say I'm very happy with my experience. It was a 2 night stay over the weekend.

My girlfriend and I arrived about 35-40 minutes early but our room was ready and the inn keeper warmly welcomed us in. The room wasn't huge (the Harvey Crandall room) but it was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We got ourselves settled and took a look around the grounds. The grounds are spectacularly groomed and a wonderful place to relax. There is a graveyard right out back, though this was a positive for my girlfriend and I. Although the Inn and located fairly close to the road, it is not busy enough to cause a bother. Zelda the cat makes her rounds and is very affectionate.

Breakfast was amazing to say the least. Home made scones, organic hand picked strawberries, juice, fresh coffee, omelets (made with freshly laid eggs), pancakes; all excellent. Portions were perfect, both mornings I finished breakfast full without needing to ask for seconds.

The inn keeper made great recommendations on things to do in the area. She did a great job of making us feel at home.

The downsides: keep in mind, nothing is perfect and these are just some details to keep in mind. By no means did the following detract from my stay.

The wifi provided is a little quirky. It sometimes loads quickly and other times will refuse to load a page. Of course, it's free and works well enough to fulfill most needs without trouble.

Temperature control isn't really there. There was a small fan provided in the room but it still was a bit hot at night for my taste. Take this with a grain of salt though, my girlfriend still bundled up under the blankets for the most part.

Parking is a bit tight, luckily the weekend we were here there was no one else the first night and only 2 other families the second night.

Overall a wonderful experience, I would recommend this Inn to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Hi RM -

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with me. Glad your first bed and breakfast stay was one that will encourage you to continue choosing B&B's!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at The Green River Inn last weekend. Everything that is important to us in an Inn was first rate. The Inn is extremely well appointed. The walls are painted in antique shades, the floors are wonderful pine boards and our room had lovely toile shades. The furnishings are antique pieces that I would love to own in my own home. Deborah's breakfasts are sumptuous, homemade with farm fresh foods. We loved Deborah's company (as well as the company of Deborah's other guests). She provided us with information and suggestions that we appreciated. The Inn is surrounded by beautiful towns, including the Berkshire towns of Stockbridge, Lenox and Great Barrington. We highly recommend the Inn and will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay, the accommodations, breakfast, and the other guests. I do get the nicest guests! Hope to see you both again soon. Come in another season, and plan a longer trip...you just scratched the surface!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My fiance and I needed to be alone and get away for a few days to re-charge our batteries. The Inn at Green River was the perfect choice. We stayed in the Thorsden Room which was elegant and comfortable at the same time, a gas fireplace and a two-person tub all added to our romantic weekend. The room was extremely clean with high quality sheets and linens. Deborah, the owner, was friendly and informative about the area, very helpful and gracious. She's a real gem, just like her B&B We'll be back, no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My husband and i stayed here for three nights and it was exceptional. Deborah is warm and hospitable and the breakfasts were delicious. Beautiful room and the Jacuzzi tub was a great treat. I highly recommend this lovely inn. Our son and daughter-in-law live nearby so we look forward to coming back soon

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to seeing you both back for another visit!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I wanted to visit the Berkshires and bring our 15-month old with us. The Inn at Green River does not normally allow children because it is not child proof, but Deborah was extremely gracious and allowed us to bring our son with us, provided we kept a close eye on him to make sure he wouldn't damage the delicate antiques. The Inn is absolutely beautiful, extremely relaxing, and the breakfast was gourmet and delicious. It is also located in a great location to explore the Berkshires. We stayed in the largest room which also has a jacuzzi and a fireplace. We stayed for two nights and it was absolutely terrific!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Your little boy was a charmer and perfectly behaved. Your mid week winter stay in a slow time of the year also worked out in that there were not other guests here trying to have a quiet get away from their own small children! I greatly appreciated your close attention to your son as this is of course not a child proof environment! I would love to see you all again!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I tip my hat to Deb for being the best Innkeeper in all of Hudson Valley! An amazing 2 night stay in a gorgeous Inn accompanied by 2 days of amzaing gourmet 2 course breakfast. All home cooked and prepared in this beautiful country Inn.
If you are trully looking for a romantic getaway check out The Inn at the Green River!
You will be very happy!!!
Wayne & Roni

Room Tip: spend the couple of extra dollars and go with the King size bed and Jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and the food, and the innkeeper! I look forward to welcoming you both back for a visit in another season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast
6 mi away
Silvanus Lodge
Silvanus Lodge
#1 of 2 in Hillsdale

Been to Inn at Green River? Share your experiences!