“don't touch anything,... Mom's looking!”
Review of Inn at Green River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsdale
Inn at Green River
Ranked #1 of 6 Hillsdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I booked this Inn for a quick visit with my wife. After skiing all day, the house itself was pretty nice. The location was a quick 15 minute drive from the mountain.

Be prepared... the host is a little nuts. It's great to see an owner take pride in their business but the explanation on bathroom operation went a little too far. All my wife and I wanted was a warm welcome and directions to the room,... not a lecture. Some of the guests were a little stiff as well. I understand that we're all different and that's half the fun of staying in a house like this. But lets get a grip folks.

The owner did recomend a great restaurant in town and she was prepared to offer info on the area. Her breakfast the next morning was very good. The fireplace room was ok, but the seating really sucked. It was the one real let-down of the house itself. What's the downside of a big comfortable couch overlooking a warm fire. It's not a museum!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank longbeachsand

Reviewed July 19, 2007

This B&B is exactly as advertised. Deborah, the owner, is delightful, if overly efficient.

Her breakfasts are among the best that we have experienced at B&B's. She is quite the accomplished cook. One point is that when I asked for skim milk, the closest she could get was 2%, which is a whole lot less healthy.

We too were told to be careful of the shower faucets, but loved the double shower. Towels are not changed every day, which is good for the environment, but something of a surprise when it was not mentioned.

The only other thing that didn't sit well is that when you go out for the day, there are no keys for the doors to the room. I understand that it's in the middle of nowhere, but we didn't like to have to bring my valuables with us, not knowing if the others staying there have a problem with snooping/stealing. We were able to lock our door at night while we were in the room.

A major positive note is the overall quality of the grounds and garden - just an incredibly well tended detail.

Overall, this B&B is way above average and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattNY
Reviewed September 23, 2006

The Inn on Green River, Hillsdale, NY

My husband and I stayed at this Inn and we were impressed with the furnishing and coziness. The problem was that the atmosphere was a little too stuffy for our taste. When you stay in someone's home you expect to be genuinely welcomed. However, upon our arrival we were given a list of instructions regarding the fireplace, the shower, how many showers not to take, how many baths to take and what wash cloths to use to wipe off my makeup with. When we are paying 500.00 to stay at an inn I expect a little more than a list of rules upon my arrival. I will say though that the inn keeper was pleasant enough to go out and purchase flowers at the secret request of my mom. (it was our 1st anniversary). Also, for the amount of money we spent I would have like to sleep. I could hear the snoring going on in the next room so clearly, with earplugs, an IPOD on, the air conditioner on and a pillow over my head! The walls are paper thin! The tub is awesome, the place is very clean.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SuzanneR9039
Reviewed September 20, 2006

Very nice place. It was exactly as we expected it would be. There were no surprises. It was very quiet for a B&B, it was more like a hotel. A lot of attention to detail, nothing too exciting however. It was raining and we did get a little bored in the room after a while. We like to read, which is a good thing because there was nothing else to do.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank robjennings61
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I stayed here for one night for a romantic getaway with my then-boyfriend. Upon arriving we were pleased to be greeted by our hostess & her adorable dog and shown to our very warm & cozy room, complete with gas fireplace and shower for two. The morning breakfast was delicious and the hostess and her staff are warm, helpful, & friendly, without being intrusive.

It is obvious that a great deal of love and care has gone into the upkeep of this B&B as every inch of this property is absolutely charming. My only concern would be noise travelling from room to room, but not because I heard noise, more that I was worried about being heard.

In any case, the inn is exceedingly homey and romantic and I completely recommend for couples- especially since my now-husband proposed to me not ten minutes after we arrived. In addition, we still receive postcards from the Inn at Green River, and would not hesitate to stay there again the next time we are in the Berkshires.

• Stayed: September 2004
5  Thank Kim Jauron K
Reviewed February 6, 2005

We just spent this past weekend with friends at the Inn at Green River. We all loved the place and hope to return soon. The location is tranquil and lovely and the house is beautifully and spotlessly maintained. The rooms are so tastefully decorated and elegant, yet very comfortable. Best of all were the breakfasts, which we looked forward to the night before! Deborah, the innkeeper, was our ideal host -- she was incredibly professional and helpful (and did I mention she cooks up a mean breakfast?). The Inn is conveniently located to NYC and skiing at uncrowded Catamount is just minutes away. If you are visiting the Berkshires and are looking for a quiet and picturesque B&B, look no further!

6  Thank rminnyc
Reviewed November 29, 2004

I have stayed at the Inn at Green River four times in the past two years and it is truly a wonderful place. Every room has its own charm--you feel like you're inside of a Pottery Barn catalog, but rest asured nothing in Deborah's house has been mass produced--there are one-of-a-kind antiques in every room and hallway. Breakfast is superb, Jasper the dog is well behaved and friendly and Deborah is the perfect host--giving you just enough attention and privacy to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. The Thorsden room is my favorite and the Martin Van Buren room is truely unique. Don't forget to check the fun packages on the website.

• Stayed: July 2004
6  Thank Finley39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
26 Warren B & B
6 mi away
Silvanus Lodge
Silvanus Lodge
#1 of 2 in Hillsdale

Been to Inn at Green River? Share your experiences!