“Lovely Setting”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Made 6 PM reservations for the patio on a beautiful summer night for 3. Arrived 15 minutes early and were promptly seated. We ordered some gorgeous pate with a bottle of reisling. Salads come with all meals with a very light dressing. I had one of the daily specials, beef stroganoff which was so tender it melted in the mouth and my companions had weiner schnitzel which also was fork tender. Since we were celebrating my husband's birthday we ordered a "birthday" mousse which came to the table with a Swiss flag and lit candle. Although the meal was not cheap, we felt it was worth the 124 mile roundtrip from home and the price. The setting in the Berkshires was stunning overlooking Catamount Ski Mountain. They also have a tavern menu which is varied and cheaper and I may try that the next time!

Although our server was very pleasant, it was not quite the quality of service one might expect at a restaurant with these prices. Forks were taken away and not replenished until we asked for them. My husband used my knife for his main course as his had been removed earlier. Coffee was not refilled. Overall service was slipshod.

1  Thank JudyTroy_NY

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Every time I have been to the Swiss Hutte, I anticipate a delightful meal in a cozy setting. Yet I am always met with an uninspiring entree. Bland veggies, tasteless meat. The best parts are the appetizers, salads, and desserts. Those are truly redeeming. But I would prefer a memorable entree above all else. Alas.

2  Thank PervisLodge
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I and another couple recently had dinner at the Swiss Hutte. The pork chop was tough and overcooked, as was the shrimp. My wiener schnittzle was tasty, but similarly overcooked. My wife's stak was nicely prepared. The service and the atmosphere were excellent. We have eaten here before and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, this time the food was nor up to our expectations, particularly given the fairly pricey menu.

1  Thank martyperinton
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sunday night of Memorial Weekend, the service was excellent and attentive. Food came promptly and the table was swipped clean after each serving. The food was very good, just a few areas for improvement. The shrimp and risotto contained only two delicious shrimps - left me wanting more and the risotto was on the cheesy side (others may love it as my wife did). Nice wine list - Malbec by glass was good. My wife loved the filet minion in bernaise sauce and I had a pricey but very good lamb chops. There was no choice of sides (potatoes au gratin) with what we ordered so I ordered spaetzle which were light and delicious and I might not have been charged for them. The desert menu was extensive - everything sounded awesome. All in all we will be back. It was a solid meal, in a nice setting with excellent service.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Have been there several times over past two months, food is always awesome, nice selection to choose from, home style done in a gourmet way. Gert is awesome chef. Atmosphere is laid back, homey and very inviting, well done. View of ski slopes very nice when lights are on at the mountain. Have had only one bad experience with service being slow, but for most part food is delivered timely.