“Is it just me?”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Every time I have been to the Swiss Hutte, I anticipate a delightful meal in a cozy setting. Yet I am always met with an uninspiring entree. Bland veggies, tasteless meat. The best parts are the appetizers, salads, and desserts. Those are truly redeeming. But I would prefer a memorable entree above all else. Alas.

2  Thank PervisLodge

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I and another couple recently had dinner at the Swiss Hutte. The pork chop was tough and overcooked, as was the shrimp. My wiener schnittzle was tasty, but similarly overcooked. My wife's stak was nicely prepared. The service and the atmosphere were excellent. We have eaten here before and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, this time the food was nor up to our expectations, particularly given the fairly pricey menu.

1  Thank martyperinton
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sunday night of Memorial Weekend, the service was excellent and attentive. Food came promptly and the table was swipped clean after each serving. The food was very good, just a few areas for improvement. The shrimp and risotto contained only two delicious shrimps - left me wanting more and the risotto was on the cheesy side (others may love it as my wife did). Nice wine list - Malbec by glass was good. My wife loved the filet minion in bernaise sauce and I had a pricey but very good lamb chops. There was no choice of sides (potatoes au gratin) with what we ordered so I ordered spaetzle which were light and delicious and I might not have been charged for them. The desert menu was extensive - everything sounded awesome. All in all we will be back. It was a solid meal, in a nice setting with excellent service.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Have been there several times over past two months, food is always awesome, nice selection to choose from, home style done in a gourmet way. Gert is awesome chef. Atmosphere is laid back, homey and very inviting, well done. View of ski slopes very nice when lights are on at the mountain. Have had only one bad experience with service being slow, but for most part food is delivered timely.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Scored a table for New Years Eve 6pm seating a few hours prior to dinner. The service is old fashioned, courteous, and no nonsense, just right. For New Years Eve they offered a prix fixe menu with some great selections. Each meal was delicious and beautifully presented. The setting is ideal, an alpine house loaded with white lights and immaculately clean. This is our second visit there and will not be our last. it is pricey, but among the best food we have had in the Berkshires. The Berkshires are filled with several good restaurants, plenty of mediocre, and their share of bad - who capitalize on the transient tourist trade. Swiss Hutte is the real deal. I do wish it was a bit less formal, as that would encourage us to make it more of a regular haunt. It has its share of older regulars who gave us pointed looks on both visits when we entered with our three sons and continued to stare at us throughout our meals. On both visits we were the only people there with pre teen/teenaged children. Swiss Hutte would be 5 stars if it was more welcoming to families, but please do not miss this European gem.
Perhaps if more families started going, the vibe would change.

1  Thank MominCT