“Authentic Swiss cuisine and gracious service = Wonderful evening”

Swiss Hutte Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We visit the Swiss Hutte at least twice a year to have dinner with friends. What consistently stands out after each visit is the professional, truly welcoming service. Even when the dining room is packed, the staff always keep the tone relaxed. On more than one occasion, we have shared great cuisine and a tremendous evening of socializing with friends. When you visit, I am sure you will notice the genuine hospitality of the entire staff.

To be sure, you will be pleased with your meal as well. Gert and his kitchen staff continue to send out tasteful entrees. The schnitzel is a "can't miss" entree, and the pork chop and caramelized apple dish has become my favorite. The breads accompanying the meal are also exquisite.

If you want to truly enjoy an evening of great food (warm, hearty dishes) served by a welcoming staff, the Swiss Hutte is a great choice. A truly enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I have been going to the Swiss Hutte for many years - the food is the best in the Berkshires in our opinions. I have never been disappointed with a meal. I can feel myself relax the minute I get there. We prefer sitting in the lounge with the fireplace - so cozy. They also carry a bar menu for lighter meals.

1  Thank berkshirejean
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Swiss Hutte is a hotel as well as a restaurant, on the edge of the Catamount ski slope. The night we were there, the slope was illuminated, and people were still skiing on the man-made snow (December being an unnaturally warm month, virtually all the slopes in the area were naked). The restaurant is pretty, the service attentive, and the food is quite good for the area. It is not out-of-the-ordinary great, but you can have a really nice meal there. N.B. If you order (as one of our party did) a bottle of Hennepin Beer, don't be surprised if it is enough for the entire table; it is nearly a full quart (for about $7)!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Took some out-of-town friends for lunch at the Swiss Hutte the other day and they loved it. It's always been a solid choice for lunch OR dinner. Every once in a while I spoil myself and have the schnitzel - a terrific, if guilty pleasure – the real deal. Very nice wine list, tables well set (I've never been crazy about the look of the chairs but that seems a pretty minor detail) and consistently good service. They have several specials along with the regular menu - and often one of the starters is a plate of two different smoked fish. It's always good and I enjoy the "deconstructed" sauce ingredients that accompany it. Great for seafood as well as meat - and looks very cozy this time of year, with views of the ski hill - but in summer it's even nicer with an outdoor patio. For many of our friends, Swiss Hutte is their favorite restaurant in the area. They also have enormous, attractive-looking desserts - but we don't tend to have dessert so I can't vouch for them.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

The restaurant is tucked in off Route 23, straddling the state lines of MA and NY between the towns of South Egremont and Hillsdale. Just look for the Catamount Ski Area signs. It's a beautiful, yet rustic restaurant; comfortable and quiet. The Chef, Gert, is unbelievable in recreating the Swiss dishes, yet adds his personal touches to everything. The rolls are fresh baked and typical Swiss in taste and texture. The salads are fresh and the dressing is appropriate. I've dined in St Moritz, Gaastad, Lenzerheide and Laax, and his dishes bring back that old world flavor and style. Our family dines at the Swiss Hutte a few times each year, and it's always a pleasure. Although a simple dish yet often overcooked, Gert's Wienerschnitzel is awesome. The best so far, yet not on the main menu is his Geschnetzeltes. It's a Zurich style and is mouthwatering. I gave high marks for service, however this is mostly for Cindy. She is gracious and truly welcoming. If you're looking for a quiet, refined dining experience with your wife and close friends, this is the place!

1  Thank John B