“Only Man-Made Snow”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Only Man-Made Snow”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Visited this past weekend and was disappointed that the only snow was man-made snow. Other than that, the mountain is completely bare. There's a lot of ice as well, so beware as that can be quite unsafe. Overall, we had a nice time, but I'd suggest going further upstate if you want real snow, less ice, and more trails.

NY, NY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dependable, Reliable, Warm”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We always have fun at Belleayre.. the staff is great, no matter where you go (except maybe the bar), and they move the lines along rather quickly, even on a crowded day.. It's just a great family outing.

Visited February 2011
Danbury, Connecticut
“Scout Week”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great area and they do great specials for the Boy Scouts every year. skiers and Snow Boards are for the most part pretty good and not Hot Dogin down the hill out of control like some area. Its an enjoyable Mt. And I've ,ski just about every Mt. in the North east. I have been on ski for over 45 yrs. so I've seen a few ski area in my time, and Belleayre Mt. is one of my favorites.

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time Snowboarder!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

As a beginner snowboarder, everything was so new to me, so I don't have anything to compare to. Came here with friends and had a great time. One thing i have to say is that, the slope that says the EASIEST, slope #1 seems to be harder and the slope is more steep and i find it challenging for someone that's new. I found slope #2 to be more bearable. Had a great time! Will definitely come back!

1 Thank Chao L
Long Island, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“a good place w/room for improvement”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was disappointed that they no longer have "ski free on your birthday" and would not allow us to arrive a day late for the half price tix on our son's bday (and my half bday) when our son had bronchitis (and a dr's note) and needed a day before he could ski. They said there are no exceptions, ever. Last year, when a blizzard prevented travel on the roads on his bday, it was the same story. Other than that, the skiing was as good as can be due to weather. They were making snow as fast as they could and so we skied a lot on the limited trails and it was fine. The food is priced high, but the chili is good. Our budget lunch choices for a family of 2 adults and 2 young kids was close to $50. We made sure to eat a hearty breakfast before arriving and had snacks in our car for when we were leaving.

Visited December 2011

Been to Belleayre Mountain Ski Center? Share your experiences!