“First time Snowboarder!”

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time Snowboarder!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

As a beginner snowboarder, everything was so new to me, so I don't have anything to compare to. Came here with friends and had a great time. One thing i have to say is that, the slope that says the EASIEST, slope #1 seems to be harder and the slope is more steep and i find it challenging for someone that's new. I found slope #2 to be more bearable. Had a great time! Will definitely come back!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Chao L

Long Island, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“a good place w/room for improvement”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was disappointed that they no longer have "ski free on your birthday" and would not allow us to arrive a day late for the half price tix on our son's bday (and my half bday) when our son had bronchitis (and a dr's note) and needed a day before he could ski. They said there are no exceptions, ever. Last year, when a blizzard prevented travel on the roads on his bday, it was the same story. Other than that, the skiing was as good as can be due to weather. They were making snow as fast as they could and so we skied a lot on the limited trails and it was fine. The food is priced high, but the chili is good. Our budget lunch choices for a family of 2 adults and 2 young kids was close to $50. We made sure to eat a hearty breakfast before arriving and had snacks in our car for when we were leaving.

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Never a lift line.”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We love this resort. Great family fun. Bar is full of friendly locals. Run's may be short but with no wait in lift lines get plenty of skiing in. Lot's of summer activities.

Visited June 2011
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great First Time”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Visited Belleayre on Christmas weekend (christmas eve through christmas day) with family. I chose to learn to snowboard, rest of family skiied. We all signed up for the Learning Circle. Unfortunately, my fam tells me the ski instructor turned out to be terrible, but the snowboard instructors that i had were a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Shawn, Nate, and Bill on the snowboard staff were fantastic teachers with tons of patience and enthusiasm. Nate even helped us when we showed up late for our lessons.

We practiced on the "running bear" bunny hill for awhile, which was not too crowded and conditions were perfect for learning. We eventually hit the lift up to our first real beginner slope, which was awesome.

People on the lifts weren't so helpful, staff at the ticketing desk at the discovery lodge were kinda rude, but we got a lot of help from the customer service desk when we had trouble with the lockers. Someone from customer service even came outside to teach me how to get in my snowboard boots. All in all - a good experience.

Tip - do NOT buy food here if you can at all avoid it. Very expensive.

Tip #2 - the lockers are handy for storing shoes when changing into boots and only $1 for the day.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

They open early. Friendly staff. Reasonable rates. Varied terrain. Decent size.