“Not Bad”

Park Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to Park Restaurant on recommendation of the holiday inn express we were staying at. It was late at night and there weren't many options. Park restaurant was open. The food was good. Like diner food. I imagine it might be better when the cadets come to town in the fall.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visited as it was recommended by a local. Food was plentiful and fairly mild. Not a lot of spice or salt. You could add as you needed. Better than a chow line and my Midwestern wife and son loved it. I chose the German plate with sauerkraut. I've had better but I've had much worse also. The fun part of the night was when we read the history of the place and realized that we were eating in the old speakeasy from Prohibition. Wish that room could have talked.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Some other reviews seem to like this place. But, I was not impressed. Food was not real good, more on the greasy side. However, the beer was cold.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Family of 3 ate here..... LOTs of fried food, so be careful if that is not what you are looking for..... Roast beef was good though. Atmosphere has turned more into a sports bar type recently, but service was good.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Entering you think you are in for some good food in a quaint bar and restaurant. However, the food is terrible. If a cheeseburger and fish and chips cannot be cooked properly, I can't imagine how the rest of the menu turns out. Dry, poor quality beef, orange tomato, limp outside lettuce leaf, and stale roll - on a beautiful Saturday - no reason to provide better food?