“Not much”

West Point Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I took the tour when we were there for our daughter's rugby tournament. We might have been spoiled because while at a tournament at the Naval Academy last spring we got a personal tour by our coach's dad who worked there and it was fantastic. This tour was basically driving on a bus with only 2 stops (we took the one hour tour). I would have loved to get out and walk around more. It was hard to see things from the bus and was so quick. Our tour guide was very pleasant and knowledgable and willing to answer any questions. One problem she had was we were with a couple of big groups where no one spoke english so they weren't interested in listening to what she had to say and they were just going crazy taking pictures of each other which made it very distracting. West Point is an amazing place! So beautiful. The buildings are incredible and the location on the Hudson River is so scenic and impressive. Definitely a place worth visiting but next time I think I might prefer to just walk around some myself and maybe look up info on my phone as I go. It was also a bit rainy the day we went which didn't help matters.

4  Thank Thelma6636
"wealth of knowledge"
"american history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The tour leaves from the visitor's center with a cost of $15 -cash only. The trip moves quickly while you are on the buss with 3 stops -on the two hour tour. The bulk of the time is spent in the cemetary. Depending upon which side you were seating, determined the views you would be able to see.

As written by many reviewers, there are 3 stops on the two hour tour, two chapels (one includes the cemetary) and another to view the Hudson River.

The one hour tour may be enough, especiall if you have a DOD decal.

There are no bathroom stops along the way so go beforehand.

Dress warmly as you will be outside most of the time.

Tour guests are not allowed to stray from the group.

Pictures are allowed but video is not.

2  Thank theexpert
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We took the two hour bus tour. The ticket price ($15) was well worth the money. We rode all over the academy, and got off the bus for walking tours as well. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and informative. She took time to answer questions. Be sure to have a gov't issued I.D. with you to take the tour.

2  Thank Janet H
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We took the one hour tour on a blustery October day. The only building you go into is the protestant chapel, which is impressive. There is a stop overlooking the Hudson. The rest of the tour is from the bus. There were only 12-15 people on our tour bus, so we don't have complaints some of the others had, but the PA system on the bus wasn't working. We sat close to the guide, so we could hear him. Our guide was fairly new, but did a good job with his stories and explanations. I would have liked to see more inside stuff, but still thought this tour was worth doing. The visitor center and museum at West Point offer many intesting things as well.

2  Thank Calhu