“Really informative tour”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Really informative tour”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was an incredibly informative tour. The kids and I really enjoyed learning about the history of West Point and some of its famous graduates, in addition to what it is like there today.

Visited January 2013

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“Take the 2-hour tour!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Lots to see - even more to learn. Don't cut yourself short by only taking the one-hour tour. We were lucky enough to be there on the day of the first official "review" of the cadets by the West Point Superintendent. What a treat that was! This is a beautiful campus and lovely area of New York. West Point is a must see attraction.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank MapleGrove4
Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One hour tour is too short”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We took the only bus tour available on a week day in November when classes are on. We went inside the beautiful chapel and also got out of the bus for the view over the Hudson River. Tour guide was very knowledgable so it was a good introduction to West Point. However we thought the one hour tour was way too short. Don't bother to go unless you can go on the two hour tour.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank judy155004
Pickett, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The tour of the West Point campus/base was great. I learned a lot and it is just beautiful. I recommend the 2-hour tour, if you have time. You get to see a lot more than on the shorter tour.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Liz N
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Take the 2 hour Tour!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It has a beautiful location and is an incredible place to visit. That being said, they make it clear that no one can tour it on their own-- so you have to use West Point Tours. I've read some of the other reviews here & quite frankly don't understand what some of the WHINING is about. Complaining because you can't talk to the cadets directly (& then giving a low review?) From what I learned on my tour, these men and women are busy putting in MANY long hours every day working at getting an education. They are not there for the amusement of us tourists!
We booked our tour on the same day they were having a parade and got there early (for parking.) That's a great time to go--AND there are some ushers (cadets) working there & you CAN talk to them! I looked around the Visitors Center and saw an excellent actual size display of a dorm room that showed how the cadets lived. Didn't go to the Museum but I'm sure that is something I would enjoy on my next visit. Book your tour early!

Visited October 2012