“Great tour!”

West Point Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The tour of the West Point campus/base was great. I learned a lot and it is just beautiful. I recommend the 2-hour tour, if you have time. You get to see a lot more than on the shorter tour.

1  Thank Liz N

Reviewed October 30, 2012

It has a beautiful location and is an incredible place to visit. That being said, they make it clear that no one can tour it on their own-- so you have to use West Point Tours. I've read some of the other reviews here & quite frankly don't understand what some of the WHINING is about. Complaining because you can't talk to the cadets directly (& then giving a low review?) From what I learned on my tour, these men and women are busy putting in MANY long hours every day working at getting an education. They are not there for the amusement of us tourists!
We booked our tour on the same day they were having a parade and got there early (for parking.) That's a great time to go--AND there are some ushers (cadets) working there & you CAN talk to them! I looked around the Visitors Center and saw an excellent actual size display of a dorm room that showed how the cadets lived. Didn't go to the Museum but I'm sure that is something I would enjoy on my next visit. Book your tour early!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you are in the area, you must take a tour of West Point Academy. Unfortunately, the 2 hour tour books fast (you might want to make advance reservations) and they only run 2 per day. The one hour tours run about every half hour or so. You get access to the academy via a Visitors Center which, when we went, was understaffed considering the volume of tourists that arrived in the morning. Our tour guide was very good. There is much history to learn and shove into one hour. Luckily, although it had rained earlier in the morning, it had cleared in time for our tour, so we were thankful for that.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Visited mid-week. Tour timing and handling, well organized. Guide, quite good. I agree with the other reviewers who lament that we couldn't speak with the cadets or visit the academy buildings, except the chapel, because USMA and its history and cadets are so fascinating--you want to experience more. What we did experience and learn on the two-hour tour, however, was certainly worth the price. In fact, the Black Knights were practicing for an upcoming football game, and our tour guide redirected our tour a bit so we could savor the experience of watching them parachute in and land on the field. Wow! How's that for luck?!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We toured the grounds of Westpoint and it was really nice. We saw the churches, playing fields, etc.