“Local hotel that's clean and quiet.”
Review of West Point Motel

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland Falls
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Local hotel that's clean and quiet.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We almost always stay at chain hotels but based on others reviews we tried this place. We were not steered wrong, the room was big, super clean and quiet. We stayed here one night and the Thayer and this room was bigger and the queen beds were really comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda C
motelguy102, General Manager at West Point Motel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello. We greatly appreciate your review of the West Point Motel in TripAdvisor recently. We continue to make improvements to our property while offering value to our treasured customers. Once again, we thank you and wish you all the best!

Gus Koutsourades,
Manager/Owner, West Point Motel, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Woodstock
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Location, location, location. Location is everything. And, if you are visiting West Point, this hotel is as close as you can get....affordably. Rooms were slightly dated, but clean and well-maintained. The front staff was courteous and helpful. Small continental breakfast in office.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan R
motelguy102, Manager at West Point Motel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of us. We are always trying to offer our customers the best accommodations for their hard earned dollar. We will continue to improve our motel to higher standards that our customers want and desire. Again, thank you. Gus Koutsourades, General Manager, West Point Motel, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was there to help an attendee at a USMA reunion and took a room here for three nights. The room was very clean, the a/c and heat both good and the beds quite comfortable. Extra pillows were a nice touch. Bathroom mostly very nice (very clean) and at half the cost of the hotel on the post at West Point, the two motel rooms I saw were perhaps less "decorated" than the Thayer but they were roomy and clean and not shabby at all.
My only issues were the very narrow tub - I really do not understand why hotels and motels don't just put shower stalls in most of their rooms as I imagine there are very few people who actually want to take a bath in a motel tub - and the rather skimpy towels (but there were sufficient towels, so that's not a huge deal) plus the fact that the curtains had a difficult time blocking all the external light at night, especially since there's a mercury vapor streetlight across the street. But light is a particular bugaboo of mine.
There were some damaged steps in the building I was in and it is an older property. It has been well-maintained and you can see the effort put into it, but it is not a brand new property. The pictures are accurate. Minor road noise, but this is a small town and it was sparse after 9 p.m. and before 7 a.m.
Overall it was very pleasant place to stay. I would also suggest that the owners revise their cancellation policy and waive the cancellation fee if the cancellations are made far enough in advance. That did give me some pause when I made my reservation because there was a possibility that I might have had to cancel about a month out and losing $25 for each night with that kind of notice seemed a bit harsh. I could understand it more for cancellations made less than a month out or for graduation week.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor because I hate hearing people above me. I believe most of the property...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Valeria P
New Jersey
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband & I are travel agents & needed a place to stay while attending a wedding at West Point. Normally we shy away from motels but were pleasantly surprised. Corner room was large & modern, room & facilities were immaculate, staff very pleasant & accommodating. Free continental breakfast was unexpected & a nice addition. If I had to nitpick I'd say the towels were thin, but that's common so we pack our own bath towels. The only real negative was the trash in the woods behind the hotel but I don't know who actually owns the property.
Overall, one of the best motels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Definitely the larger corner room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deedee053
Gus K, Owner at West Point Motel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We're glad you and your husband enjoyed your time with us! It feels pretty good knowing we were able to surprise you, so we really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are sorry about the towels, though. We've made a note of this and will definitely have it in mind when we're considering what other improvements we can make for our guests.

Additionally, thank you for bringing the trash to our attention. We'll make sure to keep an eye on things back there, as we want our guests to enjoy everything while they're here -- the views from their rooms included.

All else aside, thanks for staying with us. If you're ever in Highland Falls again and need a place to stay, feel free to give us a call!

New Market, Maryland
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were able to have a relaxing weeked thanks to good service and
a newly renovated room. The breakfast was about average for a
continental type. The coffee was very good. The hotel wasn't what I
expected, it was much better. I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard P
Gus K, Owner at West Point Motel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
We're glad we could exceed your expectations, Richard! It's really great to hear that you had a relaxing weekend, so thanks for taking the time to leave us such a glowing review and recommendation. If you're ever in the area again, please consider us when looking for a place to stay. We'd be more than happy to accommodate you!

Until next time,
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have a relative in the VA home nearby and stay here when i come to visit. It's convenient, fairly priced and clean (and I'm a germaphobe!) I try not to eat carbs so I usually never visit these "continental breakfasts" but the coffee was very good. Just reserved for another visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bluffton, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were extremely disappointed with the accommodations at the West Point Hotel. The rug was filthy, the so called continental breakfast was terrible ( broken juice machine, no buns,bagels or bread, no cereal), and the bath towels were extremely worn and need replacing. The only positive thing I can say about the Motel is that it is in a great location; however being a graduate of the Academy I am ashamed of the name of the Hotel.The hotel needs up-dating badly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
motelguy102, Manager at West Point Motel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We are extremely disappointed with ourselves for not providing the normal service that our valued customers expect of us. Corrective actions are currently being made to address our customer's concerns. If you allow us a return visit, you will see the fruits of these efforts. Thank you for being objective in your review and we wish you all the best. Gus Koutsourades, Manager/Owner, West Point Motel, Inc.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland Falls
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to West Point Motel? Share your experiences!