“Not The Best, but the kids loved it.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Highland
Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed July 3, 2007

The kids loved it but its smelled like horses, which I do not love. I mean normally... I would've been Okay with it but the hotel wasnt the best I'd been in. By the second day before 11:00 we were on the rode back home. I havent been many places, but this was not a good relaxing vacation.

Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed June 3, 2007

Well, we could not deliver on our representation that we were going to Disney World for the weekend, and our 2 and 5 yr old were quite disappointed. I rushed to find a replacement. I read the reviews, held my breath, and booked a long weekend during NYC's school break.
I LOVED THE ROCKING HORSE RANCH! Maybe it was because I expected to dislike it that I was so happy. I have traveled a lot and had kids late in life. So I am not used to looking for a place kids would enjoy when I travel. But it is true that it is like camp for the family! We went when it was 15 degrees, no snow, and they still had a blast. Buffets meals in a huge room where your kids can be themselves; kids running down the halls at all hours; heated pool open until 10 or 11 at night; family disco; great arts and crafts until 9 at night (can you tell my kids don't sleep?); unlimited pony rides; a "fun barn" open until 10 at night; camps for my 2 toddlers that they loved! And we didn't get to use the huge pool or lake! You will not find high end riding, high end food and drink, or intellectual stimulation. But your kids will be happy=you will be happy. Don't expect five stars and bring ear plugs. People come from all over and all walks of life. My oldest still talks about it fondly ....

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Just returned from a Girl Scout weekend with 12 and 13 year olds. The girls had a wonderful time. They enjoyed the horseback riding. The people leading the horseback riding were all very nice. Helping the girls feel comfortable on the horse, instructing them on how to use the reins. Most of the girls did the walking trail the first day, and the walk and trot trail the second day. There were plenty of food choices for the girls to pick from, even the pickiest eaters had plenty to eat. And we all liked the food, even the leaders. We enjoyed the rock climbing tower, paddle boats, and the miniature golf. Our days and evenings were filled with activities. I would highly recommend to other girl scout leaders. However, if I was going with my family, I would definitely make sure I wasn't visiting on a Scout weekend.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband our 2 children and I checked in at 2:30 pm and checked out at 3:00pm. The lobby and rooms have a terrible oder, when we pulled back the comforter on the bed we found black hair all in the bed. If you like good food you only have a few options on the menu and turkey pot pie is not one of my favorites. My family and I are used to much better accomdations and not children that run free with no parents in sight.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank melissagbarrett
Reviewed March 3, 2007

This was a great place to stay with kids. My family went, we had a 14 year old and a 10 year old. There was soo much stuff to do there we were never bored! The entertainment at night was great for the whole family. If you are advanced skiiers i would not recomend going because the ski hill was very tiny. Tubing at night was a great thing. The food was good, not a great selection but still good. The pool was always clean and open untill late hours. Overall the place was very good, but I would not recomend the resort to familys with older kids.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank lumpyLongIsland
Reviewed November 12, 2006

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank Eaglescout
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank nsa777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls

Been to Rocking Horse Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!