“Perfect Place for a Mother/Daughter trip”

Stonegate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Place for a Mother/Daughter trip”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is a beautiful Victorian house with an EXCELLENT location for seeing the Hudson Valley. My mom and I stayed in the Fireside Suite, with beds for both of us. The breakfasts were varied and fabulous. Neil and Jane are very personable and delightful hosts. And the value of the room rates can't be matched. You will have a memorable trip!

Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York, NY
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our bridal party during our wedding weekend in 2008 and it was a wonderful experience. The hosts are lovely and everything was clean and comfortable. We went back this year for our anniversary and enjoyed it just as much.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Westbury, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2010

It was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast. The home is exquisite with beautiful victorian decor. I stayed in the mountain view room. I could not believe how impeccable it was! I truly enjoyed my stay and the bed was more comfortable than some of the 4 star hotels I have stayed at! The owners are warm, friendly, and knowledgable with the attractions in the area. The breakfast was amazing and I was also given some to take on the road with me! I will definitely be returning in the upcoming months!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
cookievf
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Everything about both of our stays have been A-PLUS! We highly recommend Stonegate to all of our friends and family. The hosts are extremely knowledgeable of the area with so many local attractions! (You must do the Hudson Walkway) In addition to world class hiking at Minnewaska and Mohonk preserve, there is world class dining throughout the surrounding towns since you are within a short drive of the Culinary Institutue of America in hyde park. Jane and Neil serve a hearty, full breakfast and the room rates are a super value for all you get when you stay here!!!

This 19th century victorian is IMMACULATE, quiet and private with all the extras you could ever need. Fridge in common area for food, wine, doggy bags! Internet access. TV with DVD library to choose from. Beautifully decorated rooms with luxurious linens & comfy beds!

I surprised my husband on his birthday for our second visit in the fall of 2009, with a 2-night return stay at this perfecly lovely bed and breakfast. During peak foliage, we stayed in the Blue Suite (see room pics online) this time and the Illinois Mountain View Room (with a turret!) in nov 2008. Both times we were extremely pleased with the comfortable, spacious accomodations!

Tip: make your reservation NOW! Valentine's weekend is already booked in the Illinois Mountain View Room

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
NY, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed at the Stonegate for 2 nights for a getaway weekend from the city and to do some hiking in Minnewaska and Mohonk Preserve. We stayed in the Mountain View room which was really not much of a view but a very cute room with sitting area and large bathroom. We were served a full breakfast each morning of plenty of food and fresh fruit. The hosts (older couple) were very friendly but not intrusive. They also provide a 'guest' refrigerator in case you have any left overs or want to chill some wine. Only drawback is that it is located on a street with some street noise and not much to the grounds although there is a nice porch with rocking chairs. Would stay there again. Great find! Thank you Trip Advisor for helping me find this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Memorable breakfast of all home-made and fresh items, lovely sheets, kind, thoughtful, and discrete proprietors, great (and quiet) location for touring historic sites in the Hudson River Valley, all in all a great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Clifton Park New York
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I had the privledge of staying three wonderful nights at this amazing Inn. The innkeepers were a delight to meet. They were celebrating their 50th anniversary. They greeted us every morning, and chatted with us for a few minutes. They were there if you needed them, but never intruded on your time.
The room I had was the Illinois Mountain room. The room was large with such a comfortable bed. The bathroom was hugh. There was a small sitting rooms with two wing back chairs, and three windows that allowed sunlight into the sitting area. This was one of the most comfortable rooms I have stayed in.
The breakfast is another story. Every morning we were served fresh fruit, juice, and a fresh baked product ( blueberry muffins, apricot and raspberry scones)French bread or pancakes and a delicious egg dish. Plus all the coffee you wanted.
I wil be returning to this wonderful Inn in May, and I so look forward to staying at this Inn.

Patti, Clifton Park NY

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Stonegate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!