Stonegate Bed and Breakfast
$62
$209
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
$136
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Poughkeepsie Inn(Poughkeepsie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bfireside roomhudson valleylovely hostsfresh fruitvanderbilt mansionmountain roomtheir beautiful homeovernight visitday bedworking gas fireplaceensuite bathroommountain viewmid hudsonfelt like homenext morningrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for two days in this delightful old home on a gorgeous property. The period decor was beautiful. We stayed in the "Blue Suite" which was two rooms plus bathroom.....a very large bedroom plus sitting room. Breakfast was wonderful and more than ample to keep you going for many hours. The different quiches were delicious and there was fruit, cereals, muffins and a nice assortment of other items to select from.
The accommodating hosts Jane and Neil Thomas (who have been in the area for 50 years) gave us great dinner recommendations for restaurants in both Highland and Poughkeepsie. Excellent value.

We used this as a base for our trip to the wonderful Rhinebeck Aerodrome (been there 4 times)
...everybody I take there loves this nostalgic look back into the past, complete with period costume and music...not to forget the glorious days of "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" ..........Some of these planes were actually used in the 1965 film)
Love the shows and great atmosphere every weekend in the summer. See separate review.

Room Tip: The Blue Suite was excellent although you may not need the extra space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The house is solidly built! For an older house it was pretty quiet between the rooms (and it was full when we were there). The location is great-on a quiet residential street and yet minutes from Hyde Park, the CIA,Poughkeepsie and the large mansions along the Hudson. The breakfast was good and Jane and Neil are lovely hosts. We're on our second night here and would definitely recommend!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

What an absolutely wonderful stay we had at the inn. Clean, beautifully decorated, and the most welcoming breakfast ! We enjoyed our stay on the porch in the evening with the rockers and enjoyed the amenities provided by the wonderful hosts. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My second time there. Located close to the largest walkbridge in the world. I feel like I am staying with relatives when I go there. Neil and Jane are so sweet and I enjoy conversation with them. Jane puts cake on the table to have any time of the day...and it's yummy! Very nice and comfortable place. You can't beat the prices either. I will only go there when I travel up the Hudson valley and plan on going many times in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I DESPERATELY needed a weekend away from the city, and after searching for B&Bs in the New Paltz area, it seemed like StoneGate would offer the best value. Fortunately, my research proved me right! StoneGate Bed and Breakfast is set in a beautiful white Victorian in a residential neighborhood in Highland. The town itself doesn't have many amenities, but the location proved to be a great home base for visiting New Paltz, the area wineries, dinner in Poughkeepsie, Minnewaska State Park, and the Walkway Over the Hudson.

We stayed in the Southside Room, which is the smallest of the rooms but is very comfortable and clean. There were ample towels and toiletries available, wi-fi, a small TV/DVD player, and wine glasses/corkscrew in the hallway. Jane's breakfast was AWESOME. She makes a number of "breakfast pies" with eggs, veggies, cheese, and meats, as well as baked goods. During our two night stay, I sampled cranberry and orange scones, strawberry bread, apple crisp, apple dumplings, cinnamon-apple pancakes, and homemade lemon-glazed donuts (what? I was hungry!). For $99 a night, our stay felt like a steal, and I'd highly recommend the B&B for a weekend up north.

Room Tip: Pictures of the rooms are available on the B&B's website.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple