“absolutely wonderful the way real Italian should be”

Coppola's La Fantasia
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“absolutely wonderful the way real Italian should be”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was one of the most fabulous time I have had in along time. Let me started with the service.All of the wait staff was on there toes.They were warm a real family atmosphere something you look for when u go out to eat.Frist corse we had a stuffed articoke that was to die for.on to the main course zupa da peshi for two so much food it was more like for four we had to take most of it home.dessert was the best corse of all.an italian cheese cake that was so mosit an rich words just can discribe how good it was.The tiramisu was out of this world.I diffently will go back again and again and I would reccommend you make an effort to stop in and try it

Newburgh, New York, United States
“Got food poisoning for 2 days”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I ate here with a friend and have to say that the quality of the food and service has degraded tremendously. The waitress was short and rude, and although the service was fast, the food was just mediocre. I ordered an appetizer that I suspect has caused me unrelenting diarrhea and vomiting for 2 days. It just didn't taste right. Symptoms started within an hour after I returned home, and I am only just beginning to feel better 2 days later after taking probiotics. The meal itself was hastily put together and somewhat cold and the spaghetti was only partially cooked. Sorry but in good conscience, I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone.....

• Visited March 2012
Hyde Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a very good meal”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Nothing special about what we got... for the price I expected a lot more. The most disappointing part was the dessert - the apple crisp was nukes oatmeal base with a few apple slices thrown in. For a total of $90 with no appetizers for 3 people...

I would not go there again.

1 Thank Pamela M
new york
“Don't bother”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Fork was dirty, no big deal asked for another. Beverages came in glasses that were dirty, looked like lipstick on the glass. I should have known then to leave. Calamari came that was good, sauce good taste. Then the dinner came, basic Chicken Parm it was cold, the cheese was already dried on the top so it must have sat for a while before being served. And I will not send back food! They were having a party in the other room so I don't know if that took away from our service but if they can't handle a party and serve their customers they should not do both at the same time!

2 Thank djlorr
Woodstock, New York
“Excellent Italian Food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

A great restaurant for Italian food. From soup to nuts (chocolate cake had nuts) every thing was delicious. Wonderful, friendly service.