“Delighted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Twaalfskill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highland
Inn at Twaalfskill
Ranked #1 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Delighted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I poured over websites of B&Bs, looking for just the right property to celebrate our 25th anniversary. When I finally found the Inn at Twaalfskill, I knew this was the place. The inn is a turn of the century grand home, welcoming and just begging for you to slow down and look around. It is decorated beautifully and is immaculate. The grounds are so pretty, and the proximity to the Walkway Over the Hudson, many fine restaurants, wineries, shopping, etc. make it a perfect choice. Our breakfast was so delicious, and Nancy even gave us the rest of the homemade banana bread to take home. We had such a wonderful time that we have already booked another visit for the fall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have not stayed at the inn, but I lived next door at 140 Vineyard from 1988 to 1990. An older gentleman lived at 144 at that time, and I believe the house was a pale yellow. It's situated in a wonderful, park-like setting and the creek and waterfall are lovely. Nice to see it's so pretty and well cared for these days.

On this "review" I said I was there in May 2013. I was not, but I had to enter something to get the review posted. I'd love, however, to go back and see what it's like now!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time staying at this inn. We enjoyed it so much the first time we wanted to come back. Nancy is the heart of why this place is so great. It truly reflects her care and hospitality. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the breakfast still outstanding, and the location perfect. If you're lucky, you'll get to meet the newest addition to the inn's staff, adorable Kingston...still a puppy.

• Stayed May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

While returning home for a short visit with friends and family, my husband surprised me with a charming stay at this quaint B&B. For starters, It was SPOTLESS. Our bedroom and bath were both comfortably large and airy; filled with beautiful antiques. The beds and pillows were soft and dreamy. We started each morning with a gourmet breakfast in a bright and cheery wall to ceiling windowed room which overlooked well groomed lawns that were laced with ornamental trees and colorful flowering gardens.The Inn is located steps from the Rail Trial that crosses over the Hudson River. You could either walk/jog or take bikes that are supplied by the Inn. We had a great experience. Most of all the innkeeper Nancy was wonderful, she makes you feel at home. She can't do enough to make your experience pleasant and is very knowledgable of the area. The next time I return home I know where I'm heading. Have to book in advance because there are only 3 rooms that fill up quickly.

Room Tip: We stayed i room 3.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Endwell, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recently, my two girlfriends and I traveled to the Hudson Valley to sightsee and eat at the Culinary Institute of America. After researching several B&Bs in the area, I booked a room at this charming B&B. It is difficult to find a B&B to accommodate 3 travelers but the owner told me she had a very comfortable inflatable bed that even came with a headboard that she was willing to to put in our bedroom. My friend reported that this bed was extremely comfortable.
The Inn is walking distance (about a 1 mile) from the Mid-Hudson Walkway Bridge which connects Highland, New York with Poukeespie, New York. We took advantage of this feature and enjoyed a wonderful 4 mile walk before we ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant in Highland that our innkeeper recommended.
In the morning, we had our choice of either an omelet or a Belgian waffle and fresh fruit, all of which were delicious.
This B&B is nicely located for touring all the nearby attractions and I would highly recommend it for anyone traveling to this beautiful part of New York State.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This B&B is a lovely antique filled home. We stayed in a bedroom with a very comfortable queen bed and large showered bathroom en suite. Nancy was very accommodating and the breakfast was also worthy of praise. Cereal, bread and english muffins were available if desired as well as coffee and tea. Our breakfast began with a yogurt , fruit and granola parfait then on to french toast with strawberries and almonds- yum. The New York Times and The Post kept us savoring our second cups of tea. The breakfast room is windowed all around and beautifully light and bright. The Inn is just across the river from the Culinary Institute of America and just a bit further on is the museum. Also close by is "The Walkway", a railroad bridge converted to a walking bridge across the Hudson of about a mile. There is a paved walking trail very close to the house that connects with The Walkway. You can also bike on both.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The rooms are huge and really nicely decorated. Breakfast is amazing. Location is very convenient. But Nancy is really the best. I got a pretty nasty cold During my weekend stay and was feeling awful. Nancy went out of her way to make soup and made sure I was feeling ok. Next day I felt so much better!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Hampton Inn New Paltz
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Inn at Twaalfskill? Share your experiences!