“Sadly Dissapointing”

Gateway Diner
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I am a local and found this diner to be consistently bad, which really makes me quite sad.The food is always mediocre at best. Avoid.

1  Thank hudsonvalleyboy

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife had the salmon cake and salad and enjoyed it. My experience was different. The homemade eggplant parmesan was breaded and fried and was so greasy I could not eat it. The spaghetti sauce was bland and had less flavor than sauce out of a jar. I did not eat it either. The chicken and spinach soup was very good and the salad bar acceptable. To the credit of the management, they prorated the cost of my entree and side dish of spaghetti, charging only for the soup and salad. I felt I was treated fairly. Note to self...stay with American comfort food at diners.

1  Thank tedmc_12
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I don't know why anyone would enjoy here. Terrible food, and not just one time. Consistently atrocious. Even messed up water, I found a random lemon seed when there was no lemon in it. I know a man who has worked in the back for pest control and has said it is hands down the most vile restaurant kitchen ever.

2  Thank Rylee M
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Always consistent here, we love it! Service is always good, food always tastes good and always comes out hot. We love to come for breakfast but also come for late night dining on occassion. Nothing fancy, but if you are looking for a nice diner this is the place to go!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I live in Highland so we frequent Gateway Diner. George is a very hospitable host. We even buy extra cole slaw, Greek salad dressing and sandwiches to take home after we have enjoyed our meal. The cheesecake is to die for and we sometimes order a whole cake for celebrations. All in all, we enjoy the Gateway Diner in Highland and I think you will too.