“well.... not thrilled with this anymore..but it's the cheapest around for holiday”

Super 8 Highland NY
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I wrote a review for this last year and I was happier at that point.. . They need to upgrade... I hope hope hope that they will have made some changes by the time I stay there again..
. I stay in hotels all year.. and this was average to below. My bed actually made cardboard noises when I sat on it. I invited friends in to listen to it. They are still talking about it ! I stay there because I work in the area on holidays and the whole town rips you off re motels/hotels on holidays..
Manager was nice, front staff aloof.. (continental) breakfast attendant pleasant

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Katya m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Three friends and I stayed in this hotel for two nights for a mini-high school reunion. Two double rooms were booked, one smoking and one non-smoking as that was all that was left when we booked the hotel. When we checked in, we asked if there was a non-smoking room available and we were offered a king room that was non-smoking. We took it.....interestingly the king size room had a fridge and microwave and the double room did not. We received the same price for both rooms. The rooms were both spacious and very clean. The heating system was quiet (can't stand loud ones as I can't sleep well). The continental breakfast was indeed quite limited with a few pastries (which ran out quickly), bread, English muffins , oatmeal and two kinds of cereal. The lobby was large. There is a picnic table out back where a group was having a 'tail-gate party' one evening. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cinmik89
ny
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel not only tries to rip you off by telling you the price is one thing and then tries to charge you a higher price when you checked it, also myself and my boyfriend were itchy the whole night ..god only knows what was in those sheets...
they suck

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monet999

Travelers are raving about these Highland hotels

Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed for two nights. I had a business meeting in Highland. Historically Super 8, at least to me, was not a great place to stay. But when I saw the online pictures, I was surprised. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The reception area and lounge were very nice - with a nice waiting area, nice pool table area and plenty of food and beverage vending machines. The evening staff gave me menus for the local restaurants that delivered to the hotel. The morning staff helped me with mapquest instructions.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the windows actually opened! There's nothing fancy about the hotel but I would recommend it every time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank librariangirl68
Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stay in New Paltz twice a year, participating in the Arts and Crafts Festival. I've been staying at the downtown New Paltz Super 8, which over the years has upgraded it's old facility and the prices got higher and higher, and we could not swallow a $ 200 sat night price tag any longer.. ( Memorial day and Labor day they jack up the prices )
We were delighted to find the Super *8 in Highland which is minutes further along by following Main street west..and WAY cheaper
and we will never go back again to the other one. Michelle, the general manager, was responsive to our needs.. the hotel is clean, modern, wide open lobby, our room was very clean ...a decent size, and nice windows..climate control was fine. They have a little continental breakfast, good vending machines and they sell little wines
and beers ( $ 4 )
Only criticism s..No refrig or microwave, she said they are working on it. and they made most of the first floor smoking.. why do hotels do that? Smoke rises ! Put the smokers on the 2nd floor ..
Pets are accepted at this hotel too. and... , as I said , it was clean. Rug looked brand new

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Katya m
Rutland
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Somebody ought to tell the people who run this place that their proferred breakfast is neither substantial nor nutritious. I was there as part of a group for a long weekend recently and glad that the coffee was acceptable (and the coffee maker in my room was lacking a pot!); the provisions were minimal. A few inexpensive donut type pastries ran out quickly, leaving white bread or toast as alternatives - not even rolls or bagels, and no cream cheese. There were a couple of cold cereals, as well as tea, milk, cocoa and two kinds of instant oatmeal. No fruit, no yogurt, nothing more substantial. I didn't expect breakfast meats, grits or eggs or even more hot cereals than the instant oatmeal - all of which I've had in other motels breakfasts included in price - but this was a big disappointment, even for a budget motel.

In other respects, the rooms were clean and well attended to, and my no smoker did not reek of smoke. The shower and cable TV worked well and the staff was courteous - also helpful when it came to recommending restaurants. I'd probably go there again but will go out for breakfast.

• Liked — Hudson Valley location
  • Disliked — Poor breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Whoppalova
PA
Reviewed July 23, 2007

If your idea of a healthy breakfast is CARBS / SUGAR and watery fruit punch as juice - this is the place to stay. I asked for yogurt or fruit for breakfast and the reply was "that's an optional breakfast" Super-8 doesn't provide that" When I responded that the 2 Super-8 locations that I had stayed at in June provided fruit and yogurt choices - I received the verbal tap dance. The Front Desk was minimally polite if you interrupted their PERSONAL phone calls or Web-surfing. Our room was marginally clean for the first night - but had much improvement when a complaint was lodged with housekeeping. I'd try looking elsewhere before booking here again.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie

Been to Super 8 Highland NY? Share your experiences!