“Good find”
Review of Atlas Motor Lodge

Atlas Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was happy to find an alternative to the other places I have stayed in for many years in the area.
There are a lot of pluses. Startng with the management: THEY CARE. this is a huge thing these days. The price was fair for the period.. many in this area overcharge.. The price on the super 8 in the middle of New Paltz on sat night is psychotic..

As others have stated, the place is somewhat dated, but simultaneously upgraded. I was in room 22.. I suspect they are all diff but share the same standard..which is : Clean.. good lighting. when do you get that ? ...BIG refrig, very unusual.. good microwave and nice tv with cable. Good wireless... and outlets all over the place and various light switches to make things convenient.. This is thoughtful. Bed was ok too...I found ventilation system antiquated and somewhat noisy but this is a common problem, and it worked very well. What I didn't like? not much.. room had linoleum and while it is not a homey feeling, it is prob more hygienic. My room , I felt ..had too much road noise.. but it might not bother you.

My room was large... and had an eating area and a balcony. ( don't get excited a/c vent on to it and it faces highway) NEvertheless I love a place where I can get air if I want it instead of just feeling locked in.. Bathroom had a shower stall with good water pressure..and a window that opens.Also the towels were above average for this type of place
Overall, my biggest complaint is that they don't have enough rooms and I cant book there again for my next trip as they are already sold out 8 months from now !!!

I was going to post photos but the ones the Motel have put on are representative.. only they don't show you the great refrig /tv

Room Tip: sept stink bugs in area.. make sure to COMPLETELY Close screen door ( My room had balcony) or window...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Neil R, General Manager at Atlas Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to write your honest review. I am glad you were satisfied with the value we offer and the overall quality of our rooms. We know you are a return visitor, and we want you to know that we will always strive to make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of. Thanks so much for the opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Vermont to North Carolina. Friday night and few places had a vacancy and those that did were pricey. I apprehensively booked this room and hoped for the best. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the well kept grounds and clean room. The decor is slightly dated, but in a nice way. At he same price point, this place is much better than the Super 8. I'd even stay here on purpose if I were planning to be in the area. It is true what one reviewer said about smoking and ashtrays, but overall I thought the Atlas was sweet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank-you for taking the time to write your honest review. I am glad you were satisfied with the value we offer for your hard earned dollar. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

the overall feeling was of dirty and very close to the road. the rooms were non-smoking rooms but the owner and few others were smoking outside the building just close to our door. Also outside the door was an ashtray full of cigarettes which did not help the overall feeling.

Room Tip: rooms in the main building may be more noisy then the inner building
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank-you for taking the time to write your honest review. I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with your accommodations. We make a strict effort to keep guests from smoking in non smoking rooms, but unfortunately in some cases there is a bad apple to spoil the bunch. Since your stay, we have instituted the use of new smoke odor removal sprays, plus we have instituted a significant cleaning charge billed to anyone that smokes in our non smoking rooms. It was a pleasure to serve you, and we hope to have that opportunity again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Mom & Pop motel. Scrambled to prepare a larger room so we could comfortably store our tandem bicycle in the room.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DaveRhona

Thank-you for taking the time to write your honest review. I am glad you were satisfied with the value we offer for your hard earned dollar. It was a pleasure to serve you, and we hope to have that opportunity again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We pulled into this hotel on our way home after escaping hurricane floodwaters, and we were very glad we did. The room was so clean it smelled April-fresh. The staff person at the registration desk was friendly, concerned about our circumstances, and eager to please—she even let me see the room before I checked in. Big screen TV, king bed, free WiFi with no password required, and both corridor and exterior access made this hotel pleasant and convenient for us. I would definitely stay here if we are ever in this area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ParkAddict
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
2 mi away
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Atlas Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!